Обсуждение: [pgsql-www] Menu item/page header consistency

[pgsql-www] Menu item/page header consistency

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
The about/, the menuitem “Licence” leads to a page with the heading “License”.
While we're not entirely consistent on using American or British English for
this noun (licence (British) / license (American)), at least make the menu item
spelling consistent with the page header it leads to.

The majority of mentions in the code use American English with "license" so
attached patch changes the menu item rather than the pageheader.

cheers ./daniel

Re: [pgsql-www] Menu item/page header consistency

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> The about/, the menuitem “Licence” leads to a page with the heading “License”.
> While we're not entirely consistent on using American or British English for
> this noun (licence (British) / license (American)), at least make the menu item
> spelling consistent with the page header it leads to.
>
> The majority of mentions in the code use American English with "license" so
> attached patch changes the menu item rather than the pageheader.

I've managed to keep it that way for years. Let's stick with the
correct spelling, and just admit that the code is wrong :-p

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgsql-www] Menu item/page header consistency

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> I've managed to keep it that way for years. Let's stick with the
> correct spelling, and just admit that the code is wrong :-p

License is actually the spelling used in Canada, too.

Canadian English is a weird hybrid.   :-)

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: [pgsql-www] Menu item/page header consistency

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 23 Feb 2017, at 23:18, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> The about/, the menuitem “Licence” leads to a page with the heading “License”.
>> While we're not entirely consistent on using American or British English for
>> this noun (licence (British) / license (American)), at least make the menu item
>> spelling consistent with the page header it leads to.
>>
>> The majority of mentions in the code use American English with "license" so
>> attached patch changes the menu item rather than the pageheader.
>
> I've managed to keep it that way for years. Let's stick with the
> correct spelling, and just admit that the code is wrong :-p

Fair enough, I was merely looking at menu/page consistency and "picked side”
with git grep -c =)

cheers ./daniel