Обсуждение: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
StanC
Дата:
Is there an ETA when will v1.1 be available in yum repo pgdg?

Will this fix the no-launch of desktop version in centos 7?

Note, the web version works :).

Stan

Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 13:24 -0600, StanC wrote:
> Is there an ETA when will v1.1 be available in yum repo pgdg?
>
> Will this fix the no-launch of desktop version in centos 7?
>
> Note, the web version works :).

Next week. I and Dave will spend some time to clear the packaging issues first.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 13:24 -0600, StanC wrote:
> Is there an ETA when will v1.1 be available in yum repo pgdg?
>
> Will this fix the no-launch of desktop version in centos 7?
>
> Note, the web version works :).

Next week. I and Dave will spend some time to clear the packaging issues first.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 13:24 -0600, StanC wrote:
> Is there an ETA when will v1.1 be available in yum repo pgdg?
>
> Will this fix the no-launch of desktop version in centos 7?
>
> Note, the web version works :).

Next week. I and Dave will spend some time to clear the packaging issues first.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
StanC
Дата:
I tried 1.1 out. Before installing I removed all traces of previous
pgadmin4 web and desktop.

It initially would not launch because the desktop file still pointed to
1.0. Easy to fix to point to 1.1.

It still fails to launch.

And, now the web app does not work.

Possibly some simple init thing I didn't do, but clearly does not work
out of the box, doing a clean yum install from pgdg.

pgadmin3 still works nicely ...

Stan

-----Original Message-----From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>
On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 13:24 -0600, StanC wrote:
> Is there an ETA when will v1.1 be available in yum repo pgdg?
>
> Will this fix the no-launch of desktop version in centos 7?
>
> Note, the web version works :).

Next week. I and Dave will spend some time to clear the packaging issues first.

Regards,

Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2016-11-11 at 15:30 -0700, StanC wrote:
> I tried 1.1 out.

Thanks for testing. We did not "announce" the packages yet, which means WIP. ;)

For the records, the package name also changed. Please wait until we finish
working on them :)

>  Before installing I removed all traces of previous pgadmin4 web and desktop.

Right, that is a must, as I and Dave changed *a lot* in the packages since
yesterday.

> It initially would not launch because the desktop file still pointed to
> 1.0. Easy to fix to point to 1.1.

Already done in the version that will go out today.

> It still fails to launch.
>
> And, now the web app does not work.

> Possibly some simple init thing I didn't do, but clearly does not work
> out of the box, doing a clean yum install from pgdg.

That is also *now* intentional, and we'll leave the web app to the hands of
users (at least for 1.1)

Thanks again!

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Stan,

On Fri, 2016-11-11 at 15:30 -0700, StanC wrote:
> I tried 1.1 out. Before installing I removed all traces of previous
> pgadmin4 web and desktop.

Pushed new packages yesterday (and sent out instructions to this list). Please
let me know if you encounter issues.

Thanks!

Devrim GÜNDÜZ