Обсуждение: Issues with query window

Issues with query window

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Dave, all:

1. The column headers in the query result do not line up with the
columns of data.  See attached screenshot.

2. EXPLAIN does not display at all; the contents of the EXPLAIN tab are
always empty.

Server: PostgreSQL 9.6.0/pgAdmin4-web/python3.5/httpd
Client: Fedora Workstation/Firefox 49

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Вложения

Re: Issues with query window

От
Murtuza Zabuawala

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

1. The column headers in the query result do not line up with the
columns of data.  See attached screenshot.

This known issue in Firefox & will be taken care in future release,  meanwhile could you use different browser like chrome?
2. EXPLAIN does not display at all; the contents of the EXPLAIN tab are
always empty.

I am not able to re-produce the issue on my side (Refer screenshot).
Could you provide more details on this so that we can re-produce the issue?

Server: PostgreSQL 9.6.0/pgAdmin4-web/python3.5/httpd
Client: Fedora Workstation/Firefox 49

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Re: Issues with query window

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dave, all:
>>

>> 1. The column headers in the query result do not line up with the
>> columns of data.  See attached screenshot.
>>
> This known issue in Firefox & will be taken care in future release,
> meanwhile could you use different browser like chrome?
>>
>> 2. EXPLAIN does not display at all; the contents of the EXPLAIN tab are
>> always empty.
>>
> I am not able to re-produce the issue on my side (Refer screenshot).
> Could you provide more details on this so that we can re-produce the issue?

Yeah, I can't reproduce either. However, with larger plans it can be
the case that the top-left corner which is shown initially is
sometimes empty, if there are deeper branches of the plan further
down. Try zooming out or scrolling down or right.

There is a feature request and some initial work has been done to add
a "minimap" control to the panel to make navigation easier:
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1763

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Issues with query window

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 10/23/2016 11:13 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala wrote:

> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com
> <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dave, all:
>

>     1. The column headers in the query result do not line up with the
>     columns of data.  See attached screenshot.
>
> This known issue in Firefox & will be taken care in future release,
>  meanwhile could you use different browser like chrome?

It's not really a critical issue, just wanted to report it.

>     2. EXPLAIN does not display at all; the contents of the EXPLAIN tab are
>     always empty.
>
> I am not able to re-produce the issue on my side (Refer screenshot).
> Could you provide more details on this so that we can re-produce the issue?

Sure, what details are you looking for, other than screenshots?

I can repro this on a AMI, so maybe it'll be better if I just give you
SSH to it.  Private email coming.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)