Обсуждение: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Victor Yegorov
Дата:
Greetings.

I would like to look into PGQ on 9.6 and I cannot see `skytools` packages in the PGDG96 yum repository.
Will they be added?

Thank you.

--
Victor Yegorov

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 09:39 +0300, Victor Yegorov wrote:
> I would like to look into PGQ on 9.6 and I cannot see `skytools` packages
> in the PGDG96 yum repository.
> Will they be added?

Not sure, as I have issues building the package from released tarball :-(

Any patches welcome, though.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Victor Yegorov
Дата:
Not sure, as I have issues building the package from released tarball :-(

Any patches welcome, though.

I can have a look.
Can you point me where repo sources are and how to provide patches, please?

--
Victor Yegorov

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 13:09 +0300, Victor Yegorov wrote:
> I can have a look.

Great!

> Can you point me where repo sources are and how to provide patches, please?

Sources are here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git

Skytools for 9.6 is here:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=tree;f=rpm/redhat/9.6/skytools

You can either provide patches via this list, or use our issue tracker
(preferred):

https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgrpms/

Thanks by now!
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Devrim Gündüz 2016-09-28 <1475057188.24885.22.camel@gunduz.org>

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 09:39 +0300, Victor Yegorov wrote:
> > I would like to look into PGQ on 9.6 and I cannot see `skytools` packages
> > in the PGDG96 yum repository.
> > Will they be added?
>
> Not sure, as I have issues building the package from released tarball :-(
>
> Any patches welcome, though.

Fwiw, I've just managed to update the Debian package to 9.6, will
submit pull requests to github with the necessary patches shortly.

That won't make the tarballs appear, though - TBH I don't exactly
remember where we got the tarball from, I guess it was some combination
of "git submodule" trickery plus invoking "make tgz". (This is one of
the packages I try not have to touch...)

Maybe you could just grab the tarball from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/skytools3/ for the time
being...

Christoph

Re: To Devrim Gündüz 2016-09-28 <20160928101547.wf5j7eiqdjbmksf2@msg.df7cb.de>
> Fwiw, I've just managed to update the Debian package to 9.6, will
> submit pull requests to github with the necessary patches shortly.

https://github.com/markokr/skytools/pull/55
https://github.com/markokr/skytools/pull/56

Christoph

Вложения

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 12:15 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> TBH I don't exactly
> remember where we got the tarball from, I guess it was some combination
> of "git submodule" trickery plus invoking "make tgz". (This is one of
> the packages I try not have to touch...)

Yeah, I am also trying not to touch Skytools for similar reasons. I don't like
creating tarballs myself -- That also may bring some security concerns.

Looking at https://github.com/markokr/skytools/commits/master , project is
getting very low attention in the last 2 years :-(

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Victor Yegorov
Дата:
You can either provide patches via this list, or use our issue tracker
(preferred):

https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgrpms/

Thanks by now!

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1774

Please, have a look. I do not know if this a proper way to fix it, but I've built packages here.

--
Victor Yegorov

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Victor Yegorov
Дата:
Please, have a look. I do not know if this a proper way to fix it, but I've built packages here.

Devrim, have you had a chance to look at the SkyTools patch for 9.6?..

--
Victor Yegorov

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Victor,

On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 13:11 +0300, Victor Yegorov wrote:

> > https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1774
> >
> > Please, have a look. I do not know if this a proper way to fix it, but
> > I've built packages here.
> >

> Devrim, have you had a chance to look at the SkyTools patch for 9.6?..

Sorry, I was busy with other stuff :( I can't see any patch in the ticket, can
you please upload it there?

Thanks!

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Victor Yegorov
Дата:
Sorry, I was busy with other stuff :( I can't see any patch in the ticket, can
you please upload it there?

Not sure how I missed to attach the patch. Done now.

--
Victor Yegorov

Re: SkyTools for 9.6 repository

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Victor,

On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 16:24 +0300, Victor Yegorov wrote:
> Not sure how I missed to attach the patch. Done now.

Wow, impressive! Thank you *very* much for the patch. Pushed packages to 9.6
testing repo. Packages will appear in next hour.

dnf (or yum) --enablerepo pgdg96-updates-testing install skytools-96

will do the trick. All tests are welcome.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ