Обсуждение: Do we want our own /24(s)

Do we want our own /24(s)

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

So Debian is requesting that SPI become an LIR. SPI is currently
debating how they are going to handle that (financially). The main
question is:

Would having our own IPs assigned to .Org be beneficial?

JD
New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.

Re: Do we want our own /24(s)

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
So Debian is requesting that SPI become an LIR. SPI is currently debating how they are going to handle that (financially). The main question is:

Would having our own IPs assigned to .Org be beneficial?

First few results for LIR on Google...
Liberia Airport
Freedom from Incontinence
Learning in Retirement

I'm not really sure how to search this acronym so please enlighten.

David J.

Re: Do we want our own /24(s)

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 11/12/2015 01:16 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

> I'm not really sure how to search this acronym so please enlighten.

Local Internet Registry

> David J.
> ​

New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.

Re: Do we want our own /24(s)

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 11/12/2015 10:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So Debian is requesting that SPI become an LIR. SPI is currently
> debating how they are going to handle that (financially). The main
> question is:
>
> Would having our own IPs assigned to .Org be beneficial?

we have discussed this multiple times in the past within the sysadmin team.
Personally I think getting our own ipspace (and ASN) and doing fancy
stuff on top of it would be kinda cool but I dont think we could
currently use it in a way that would make the money and time expense
worth it.

Stefan