Обсуждение: Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads

Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Right now, if a user needs to download RPMs offline in order to transfer
them to a server with no internet access, there's no obvious way to do
it.  While the actual RPM download directories are public, they're not
linked from any public webpage; you have to already know or
reverse-engineer the URL from links to other things.

I think we should have an explanation and some links on
yum.postgresql.org and on the downloads/ page for this situation.  Not
sure exactly where, but somewhere.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Yum.postgresql.org should have links for offline downloads

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:

> Right now, if a user needs to download RPMs offline in order to transfer
> them to a server with no internet access, there's no obvious way to do
> it.  While the actual RPM download directories are public, they're not
> linked from any public webpage; you have to already know or
> reverse-engineer the URL from links to other things.

Actually, there is a way:

http://yum.postgresql.org/rpmchart.php

If you click "9.3" for example, you will access to the directory listing
The OS/Arch link goes to repoview.

However,

http://yum.postgresql.org/rpmchart2.php

How does this one look? When you click the OS/Arch, you will access to
the directory directly, instead of repoview.

I am also open for other ideas, for sure.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ