Обсуждение: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,
 FYI, dekendi hasn't come back after its upgrade to wheezy (though everything went fine for praxis).  I've submitted a
ticketto rackspace and will follow-up with them, but wanted to let everyone know that dekendi and the services hosted
onit are offline until this has been addressed and the server is brought back up.

 dekendi hosts:
   yum.postgresql.orgwiki.postgresql.orggit master serverns2.postgresql.org
 Many thanks for understanding as we work through these upgrade issues.
     Stephen

Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,
 FYI, dekendi is back online (for now).  Turns out that the wheezy kernel (3.2.0-4) panics when booting on this older
DL585. Thinking back, I recall having this issue once at my old job and we used the very expedient "guess it's time to
retirethat box" approach to solving it.
 We'll see what options are available from Rackspace for this.  They're currently checking to see if there are any
firmwareupdates available and they will ask their kernel 'guru' about the panic when he comes online in ~9 hrs from
now.
 For now, all systems are back online and working.
 Apologies for the downtime.
     Thanks,
    Stephen

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> All,
>
>   FYI, dekendi hasn't come back after its upgrade to wheezy (though
>   everything went fine for praxis).  I've submitted a ticket to
>   rackspace and will follow-up with them, but wanted to let everyone
>   know that dekendi and the services hosted on it are offline until this
>   has been addressed and the server is brought back up.
>
>   dekendi hosts:
>
>     yum.postgresql.org
>     wiki.postgresql.org
>     git master server
>     ns2.postgresql.org
>
>   Many thanks for understanding as we work through these upgrade issues.
>
>       Stephen

Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,
 We continue to have a wonderful time with the old DL585's.  A memory stick has reported errors and we've scheduled a
maintenancefor 1600 UTC tomorrow, July 17th.  As before, the following services will be impacted by this maintenance:

 dekendi hosts:
   yum.postgresql.org   wiki.postgresql.org   git master server (only committers; anon-git is unaffected)
ns2.postgresql.org
 Many thanks for understanding and hopefully this will be the last issue we have with these systems for a while.
     Thanks!
    Stephen

Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,
 And Rackspace just called me and offered to move the maintenance to some time in the next few hours ("ASAP"), so we'll
bedoing that.
 I'll send out another email right before I shut the system down after they have everything ready.
     Thanks,
    Stephen

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> All,
>
>   We continue to have a wonderful time with the old DL585's.  A memory
>   stick has reported errors and we've scheduled a maintenance for
>   1600 UTC tomorrow, July 17th.  As before, the following services will
>   be impacted by this maintenance:
>
>   dekendi hosts:
>
>     yum.postgresql.org
>     wiki.postgresql.org
>     git master server (only committers; anon-git is unaffected)
>     ns2.postgresql.org
>
>   Many thanks for understanding and hopefully this will be the last
>   issue we have with these systems for a while.
>
>       Thanks!
>
>         Stephen

Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,
 Or, they're just going to go ahead and do it w/o calling me first. Fun.  Apologies.  System is offline and being
workedon and will, hopefully, be back shortly.
     Thanks,
    Stephen

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> All,
>
>   And Rackspace just called me and offered to move the maintenance to
>   some time in the next few hours ("ASAP"), so we'll be doing that.
>
>   I'll send out another email right before I shut the system down after
>   they have everything ready.
>
>       Thanks,
>
>         Stephen
>
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> > All,
> >
> >   We continue to have a wonderful time with the old DL585's.  A memory
> >   stick has reported errors and we've scheduled a maintenance for
> >   1600 UTC tomorrow, July 17th.  As before, the following services will
> >   be impacted by this maintenance:
> >
> >   dekendi hosts:
> >
> >     yum.postgresql.org
> >     wiki.postgresql.org
> >     git master server (only committers; anon-git is unaffected)
> >     ns2.postgresql.org
> >
> >   Many thanks for understanding and hopefully this will be the last
> >   issue we have with these systems for a while.
> >
> >       Thanks!
> >
> >         Stephen

Re: Service outage for dekendi.postgresql.org

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,
 Tonight's maintenance is complete and everything looks to be back to normal.  If you spot any issues, please let us
know.