Обсуждение: external mailing lists

external mailing lists

От
Euler Taveira
Дата:
Hi,

I've already heard complains that the pt-br mailing lists aren't listed in
[1]. It seems only pg.org ML are listed. Are there any reason to not list ML
hosted outside the postgresql.org domain there? For example, Japan and Brazil
are not listed there and it seems that those communities doesn't have MLs (of
course, they are listed in 'Community' but it is too much trips to find out a
regional ML).

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Re: external mailing lists

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've already heard complains that the pt-br mailing lists aren't listed in
> [1]. It seems only pg.org ML are listed. Are there any reason to not list ML
> hosted outside the postgresql.org domain there? For example, Japan and Brazil
> are not listed there and it seems that those communities doesn't have MLs (of
> course, they are listed in 'Community' but it is too much trips to find out a
> regional ML).

The code currently generates the list of lists from the database. I
don't recall if it's automatically populated from Majordomo - I don't
believe it is, so that's likely not a problem, but we would need some
code updates to prevent the subscription form from assuming all the
mailing lists are hosted by mail.postgresql.org.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: external mailing lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Dave Page's message of lun oct 01 09:52:47 -0300 2012:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com> wrote:

> > I've already heard complains that the pt-br mailing lists aren't listed in
> > [1]. It seems only pg.org ML are listed. Are there any reason to not list ML
> > hosted outside the postgresql.org domain there? For example, Japan and Brazil
> > are not listed there and it seems that those communities doesn't have MLs (of
> > course, they are listed in 'Community' but it is too much trips to find out a
> > regional ML).
>
> The code currently generates the list of lists from the database. I
> don't recall if it's automatically populated from Majordomo - I don't
> believe it is, so that's likely not a problem, but we would need some
> code updates to prevent the subscription form from assuming all the
> mailing lists are hosted by mail.postgresql.org.

AFAIR we discussed this previously and we have a field in the database
for external URLs, so I think we should be able to make it work.

Italian list(s) are also not there.

So what's the URL to the pt-br list?  Is it pgbr-geral?

Euler Taveira
Дата:
On 01-10-2012 10:19, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Italian list(s) are also not there.

and Japanese?

> So what's the URL to the pt-br list?  Is it pgbr-geral?

Yes. Are you talking about archives or subscribe form? Former is in [1] and
the latter is in [2].

[1] http://listas.postgresql.org.br/pipermail/pgbr-geral/

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Re: external mailing lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Euler Taveira's message of lun oct 01 10:59:42 -0300 2012: