Обсуждение: Caching issues on the Wiki?

Caching issues on the Wiki?

От
Joshua Berkus
Дата:
WWW,

I'm encountering a problem where I can only see a recently created page when logged into the wiki.  If I access it via
http://rather than https://, the page is empty.

I'm doing this from an airplane, though, so the issue may be on this end.  I'm only bringing it up because it's
criticalthat the new page be generally visible by Monday's release.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Caching issues on the Wiki?

От
Joshua Berkus
Дата:
This is confirmed to be a persistent issue.

How to reproduce:

1. log in
2. create a new page
3. save the new page (with contents)
4. log out
5. you cannot access the new page, nor search for it.

> I'm encountering a problem where I can only see a recently created
> page when logged into the wiki.  If I access it via http:// rather
> than https://, the page is empty.
>
> I'm doing this from an airplane, though, so the issue may be on this
> end.  I'm only bringing it up because it's critical that the new
> page be generally visible by Monday's release.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> http://pgexperts.com
> San Francisco

Re: Caching issues on the Wiki?

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> WWW,
>
> I'm encountering a problem where I can only see a recently created page when logged into the wiki.  If I access it
viahttp:// rather than https://, the page is empty.

> I'm doing this from an airplane, though, so the issue may be on this end.  I'm only bringing it up because it's
criticalthat the new page be generally visible by Monday's release.

it's not on your side. i reported the same a few days ago
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2012-09/msg00028.php

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: Caching issues on the Wiki?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> WWW,
>>
>> I'm encountering a problem where I can only see a recently created page when logged into the wiki.  If I access it
viahttp:// rather than https://, the page is empty.

>> I'm doing this from an airplane, though, so the issue may be on this end.  I'm only bringing it up because it's
criticalthat the new page be generally visible by Monday's release.

> it's not on your side. i reported the same a few days ago
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2012-09/msg00028.php

This seems to have been broken by some recent security patch to the
wiki, unknown exactly which one, that caused it to change how it sent
the cache expiry commands. I've tweaked a regexp on the receiving
side, and it seems to be working again now.

Sorry about missing the original trouble report!