Обсуждение: wiki page not updating

wiki page not updating

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi,

I tried to edit http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Events to add PgDay
Ecuador 2012 but i can only see the modification when i'm logged in.
When i logout i see the previous version of the page.

The same happened when editing
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGDay_Ecuador_2012 to add information
about the event.

any idea?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: wiki page not updating

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Jaime Casanova's message of mar sep 11 23:05:20 -0300 2012:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to edit http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Events to add PgDay
> Ecuador 2012 but i can only see the modification when i'm logged in.
> When i logout i see the previous version of the page.
>
> The same happened when editing
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGDay_Ecuador_2012 to add information
> about the event.

I see both edits just fine.

Re: wiki page not updating

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Jaime Casanova's message of mar sep 11 23:05:20 -0300 2012:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to edit http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Events to add PgDay
>> Ecuador 2012 but i can only see the modification when i'm logged in.
>> When i logout i see the previous version of the page.
>>
>> The same happened when editing
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGDay_Ecuador_2012 to add information
>> about the event.
>
> I see both edits just fine.

I would say what every user say here when the IT guys do the same that
did and it works:
"you did something when i wasn't looking" ;)

anyway, it seems the edits are there now not sure why i couldn't see
them before... sorry for the noise

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: wiki page not updating

Дата:
> Excerpts from Jaime Casanova's message of mar sep 11 23:05:20 -0300 2012:
>> I tried to edit http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Events to add PgDay
>> Ecuador 2012 but i can only see the modification when i'm logged in.
>> When i logout i see the previous version of the page.
>>
>> The same happened when editing
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGDay_Ecuador_2012 to add information
>> about the event.

> I see both edits just fine.

FWIW, I've seen this type of behavior repeatedly.  I think the wiki
webserver is allowing the browser to cache the old copy of the page.
If you don't have it in cache to start with, or after the cache copy has
expired, you won't see any inconsistency.

There was a thread about this awhile back which suggested that the
problem was http: vs https:, ie if you first visit a page non-secured,
and then log in, the server switches you to https: but the browser
doesn't realize that's the same as the http: page.  I tried to address
that by changing all my wiki bookmarks to https:, but I think I've still
seen the behavior since then.
        regards, tom lane

Re: wiki page not updating

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 09/12/2012 04:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Excerpts from Jaime Casanova's message of mar sep 11 23:05:20 -0300 2012:
>>> I tried to edit http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Events to add PgDay
>>> Ecuador 2012 but i can only see the modification when i'm logged in.
>>> When i logout i see the previous version of the page.
>>>
>>> The same happened when editing
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGDay_Ecuador_2012 to add information
>>> about the event.
>
>> I see both edits just fine.
>
> FWIW, I've seen this type of behavior repeatedly.  I think the wiki
> webserver is allowing the browser to cache the old copy of the page.
> If you don't have it in cache to start with, or after the cache copy has
> expired, you won't see any inconsistency.
>
> There was a thread about this awhile back which suggested that the
> problem was http: vs https:, ie if you first visit a page non-secured,
> and then log in, the server switches you to https: but the browser
> doesn't realize that's the same as the http: page.  I tried to address
> that by changing all my wiki bookmarks to https:, but I think I've still
> seen the behavior since then.

hmm not sure I fully believe in that theory but maybe we should just
make the wiki full https and be done with it...

Stefan