Обсуждение: Website migration status

Website migration status

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Hi!

We've just started migrating to the new base for the website. First
step is that th eold website is now readonly when it comes to the
database, and data is being transferred and converted.

Note that this also affects services using the community login system
such as the wiki or the planet administration interface. These will
also be brought back online as soon as possible, of course.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Website migration status

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
A status update on this: We've switched over the website, but we are
still seeing traffic on the old one from people who's resolvers ignore
DNS TTL.

We are currently migrating community login sites, but all are not done
yet. Expect that do be done later today.

/Magnus

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:03, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We've just started migrating to the new base for the website. First
> step is that th eold website is now readonly when it comes to the
> database, and data is being transferred and converted.
>
> Note that this also affects services using the community login system
> such as the wiki or the planet administration interface. These will
> also be brought back online as soon as possible, of course.
>
> --
>  Magnus Hagander
>  Me: http://www.hagander.net/
>  Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Website migration status

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
At this point, we believe the migration is complete.

There is still some "data cleanup" that has to be done (merging
companies with multiple entries due to them being spelled only almost
the same, for example). But all normal things should work now.

Therefor, if you find a problem from now on, please report it - either
via IRC or by mail in this thread.

//Magnus

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 15:49, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> A status update on this: We've switched over the website, but we are
> still seeing traffic on the old one from people who's resolvers ignore
> DNS TTL.
>
> We are currently migrating community login sites, but all are not done
> yet. Expect that do be done later today.
>
> /Magnus
>
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:03, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> We've just started migrating to the new base for the website. First
>> step is that th eold website is now readonly when it comes to the
>> database, and data is being transferred and converted.
>>
>> Note that this also affects services using the community login system
>> such as the wiki or the planet administration interface. These will
>> also be brought back online as soon as possible, of course.

Re: Website migration status

От
Emanuel Calvo
Дата:
>companies with multiple entries due to them being spelled only almost<br /> > the same, for example). But all
normalthings should work now.<br /> ><br /> > Therefor, if you find a problem from now on, please report it -
27,2011 at 15:49, Magnus Hagander <<a href="mailto:magnus@hagander.net">magnus@hagander.net</a>> wrote:<br />
>> A status update on this: We've switched over the website, but we are<br /> > > still seeing traffic on
migratingcommunity login sites, but all are not done<br /> > > yet. Expect that do be done later today.<br />
>>> We've just started migrating to the new base for the website. First<br /> > >> step is that th
eoldwebsite is now readonly when it comes to the<br /> > >> database, and data is being transferred and
converted.<br/> > >><br /> > >> Note that this also affects services using the community login
system<br/> > >> such as the wiki or the planet administration interface. These will<br /> > >> also
list(<a href="mailto:pgsql-www@postgresql.org">pgsql-www@postgresql.org</a>)<br /> > To make changes to your
subscription:<br/> > <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www">http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www</a><br/>

Re: Website migration status

От
Guillaume Smet
Дата:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Therefor, if you find a problem from now on, please report it - either
> via IRC or by mail in this thread.

Minor details:
* It seems there is an escaping problem in the Featured used section
of the homepage.
I see: Charles Fan, Sr. VP R&D, VMware (with an explicit &
instead of &).

* http://www.postgresql.org/about/awards/ -> useless <br />s after the
title -> too much blank space

Otherwise, it looks fine and I haven't had any problem browsing the site.

Kudos.

--
Guillaume

Re: Website migration status

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 20:00, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Therefor, if you find a problem from now on, please report it - either
>> via IRC or by mail in this thread.
>
> Minor details:
> * It seems there is an escaping problem in the Featured used section
> of the homepage.
> I see: Charles Fan, Sr. VP R&D, VMware (with an explicit &
> instead of &).

Thankx, fixed.

> * http://www.postgresql.org/about/awards/ -> useless <br />s after the
> title -> too much blank space

That's actually on the old page as well... So I'm not going to change
that right now - I'll leave it to somebody who does more HTML than me
to fix later.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Website migration status

От
Josh Kupershmidt
Дата:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> At this point, we believe the migration is complete.
>
> There is still some "data cleanup" that has to be done (merging
> companies with multiple entries due to them being spelled only almost
> the same, for example). But all normal things should work now.
>
> Therefor, if you find a problem from now on, please report it - either
> via IRC or by mail in this thread.

It seems almost all of the "weekly news" is missing: I see only two
links, each from 2005, at: http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/

and recent links such as: http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/pwn20111120/

give a 404.

Josh

Re: Website migration status

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 20:32, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> At this point, we believe the migration is complete.
>>
>> There is still some "data cleanup" that has to be done (merging
>> companies with multiple entries due to them being spelled only almost
>> the same, for example). But all normal things should work now.
>>
>> Therefor, if you find a problem from now on, please report it - either
>> via IRC or by mail in this thread.
>
> It seems almost all of the "weekly news" is missing: I see only two
> links, each from 2005, at:
>  http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/
>
> and recent links such as:
>  http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/pwn20111120/

Yeah, the rest are pending David to run a migration job.