Обсуждение: Moderation on -general?

Moderation on -general?

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
hi,

today, at 10:54:41 +0100, I sent email to pgsql-general, with subject:
Strange problem with create table as select * from table;

it was quite large - 32kb (plain text, no attachements).

it looks like it was kept for moderation and/or rejected (based on
size)?

talked with Josh Berkus and David Fetter, and they don't see it in
moderation anywhere, but my email server tells me it was delivered:

2011-11-02 10:54:42 1RLXWr-000520-Rg <= depesz@depesz.com H=andy.depesz.com (depesz.com) [88.198.47.100] P=esmtpa
A=login:depesz@depesz.comS=33929 id=20111102095441.GA18939@depesz.com T="Strange problem with create table as select *
fromtable;"

2011-11-02 10:54:42 1RLXWr-000520-Rg => mail_backup <system-filter> R=procmail T=procmail_pipe
2011-11-02 10:54:45 1RLXWr-000520-Rg => pgsql-general@postgresql.org R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mail.postgresql.org
[200.46.204.86]
2011-11-02 10:54:45 1RLXWr-000520-Rg Completed

(times in CET timezone).

can I ask for confirmation about state of it?

if it's in moderation queue, or some not-yet-delivered spool, please
*reject*/*delete* it - i accidentally sent wrong mail (names before
obfuscation), and will resend again.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                  http://depesz.com/

Re: Moderation on -general?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 18:19, hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> today, at 10:54:41 +0100, I sent email to pgsql-general, with subject:
> Strange problem with create table as select * from table;
>
> it was quite large - 32kb (plain text, no attachements).
>
> it looks like it was kept for moderation and/or rejected (based on
> size)?
>
> talked with Josh Berkus and David Fetter, and they don't see it in
> moderation anywhere, but my email server tells me it was delivered:
>
> 2011-11-02 10:54:42 1RLXWr-000520-Rg <= depesz@depesz.com H=andy.depesz.com (depesz.com) [88.198.47.100] P=esmtpa
A=login:depesz@depesz.comS=33929 id=20111102095441.GA18939@depesz.com T="Strange problem with create table as select *
fromtable;"
> 2011-11-02 10:54:42 1RLXWr-000520-Rg => mail_backup <system-filter> R=procmail T=procmail_pipe
> 2011-11-02 10:54:45 1RLXWr-000520-Rg => pgsql-general@postgresql.org R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mail.postgresql.org
[200.46.204.86]
> 2011-11-02 10:54:45 1RLXWr-000520-Rg Completed
>
> (times in CET timezone).
>
> can I ask for confirmation about state of it?

It is not in the moderation queue, I just verified that.

Most likely it's stuck somewhere in the hub.org antispam relaying
systems. They have been going up and down a bit over the past couple
of days due to changes in their datacenter, so it might've been caught
in between somewhere and ended up with a big timeout - thus it might
still show up later. But at this point, it's not in the queue
anywhere.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Moderation on -general?

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 11:01:33PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> It is not in the moderation queue, I just verified that.
>
> Most likely it's stuck somewhere in the hub.org antispam relaying
> systems. They have been going up and down a bit over the past couple
> of days due to changes in their datacenter, so it might've been caught
> in between somewhere and ended up with a big timeout - thus it might
> still show up later. But at this point, it's not in the queue
> anywhere.

is it possible to somehow make sure that, when hub.org will push it from
whatever queue it is in, it will not appear on the list?

I mailed Marc, but didn't get any reply, and would really prefer not to
see it on the list.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                  http://depesz.com/

Re: Moderation on -general?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
inthe moderation queue, I just verified that.<br /> > ><br /> > > Most likely it's stuck somewhere in the
<ahref="http://hub.org">hub.org</a> antispam relaying<br /> > > systems. They have been going up and down a bit
overthe past couple<br /> > > of days due to changes in their datacenter, so it might've been caught<br /> >
>in between somewhere and ended up with a big timeout - thus it might<br /> > > still show up later. But at
mailedMarc, but didn't get any reply, and would really prefer not to<br /> > see it on the list.<p>As long as you
emailedhim directly, that's the best you can do. He doesn't normally read the lists, so just posting here is not
enough.<br /><p>/Magnus