Обсуждение: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Josh Kupershmidt
Дата:
Hi,
I just tried to register for the psycopg mailing list at:
http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=psycopg

I entered name + email, clicked "subscribe", and the page hung for
about 5 minutes, then gave a "500 Internal Server Error". Right after
the error page loaded, I got the subscription email in my Inbox. I
just clicked the confirmation link in the email, which looked like:
http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_confirm/domain=postgresql.org?t=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

and clicked "accept" on that page, and it has been hanging for a few
minutes now as well.

Josh

Re: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to register for the psycopg mailing list at:
>  http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=psycopg
>
> I entered name + email, clicked "subscribe", and the page hung for
> about 5 minutes, then gave a "500 Internal Server Error". Right after
> the error page loaded, I got the subscription email in my Inbox. I
> just clicked the confirmation link in the email, which looked like:
>  http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_confirm/domain=postgresql.org?t=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
>
> and clicked "accept" on that page, and it has been hanging for a few
> minutes now as well.

I had this problem a week or three ago when I was trying to retrieve
my mailing list password. I think Majordomo or whatever it is we're
using is busted.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Robins Tharakan
Дата:
Hi,

Actually although the web stops working, but the mails work as expected.

I tried subscribing to almost all lists yesterday
(Hackers/SQL/Perform/WWW/General/Docs/Php and PgAdmin-Hackers) and all
mails (invite / welcome / mailing-list) mails work as expected.

However, rightly as pointed, the web page bombs exactly as in the mail
below.

--
Robins Tharakan

On 11/03/2011 08:27 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Josh Kupershmidt<schmiddy@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=psycopg
>>
>> I entered name + email, clicked "subscribe", and the page hung for
>> about 5 minutes, then gave a "500 Internal Server Error". Right after
>> the error page loaded, I got the subscription email in my Inbox. I
>> just clicked the confirmation link in the email, which looked like:
>>   http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_confirm/domain=postgresql.org?t=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
>>
>> and clicked "accept" on that page, and it has been hanging for a few
>> minutes now as well.
>
> I had this problem a week or three ago when I was trying to retrieve
> my mailing list password. I think Majordomo or whatever it is we're
> using is busted.

Re: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Josh Kupershmidt
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had this problem a week or three ago when I was trying to retrieve
> my mailing list password. I think Majordomo or whatever it is we're
> using is busted.

Oh well, seems to be working again now at least. I hope someone can
share what broke, and why it stayed broken for so long.

Josh

Re: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 17:03, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had this problem a week or three ago when I was trying to retrieve
>> my mailing list password. I think Majordomo or whatever it is we're
>> using is busted.
>
> Oh well, seems to be working again now at least. I hope someone can
> share what broke, and why it stayed broken for so long.

Pretty sure nobody can. It's basically a big black box at this point.
But work is underway to untangle the different parts from each other,
to make it possible to debug issues like this properly in the future.
So far the web interface hasn't received any of that love, but it's on
the list of things that will happen.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Josh Kupershmidt's message of lun nov 21 13:03:28 -0300 2011:
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I had this problem a week or three ago when I was trying to retrieve
> > my mailing list password. I think Majordomo or whatever it is we're
> > using is busted.
>
> Oh well, seems to be working again now at least. I hope someone can
> share what broke, and why it stayed broken for so long.

Apparently the machine hosting this was rebooted three days ago, which
might explain why it's no longer "stuck".  As to why it failed, I have
no idea.

Re: subscribe for psycopg list hangs

От
Cédric Villemain
Дата:
Le 21 novembre 2011 17:30, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> a écrit :

> Excerpts from Josh Kupershmidt's message of lun nov 21 13:03:28 -0300 2011:
>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I had this problem a week or three ago when I was trying to retrieve
>> > my mailing list password. I think Majordomo or whatever it is we're
>> > using is busted.
>>
>> Oh well, seems to be working again now at least. I hope someone can
>> share what broke, and why it stayed broken for so long.
>
> Apparently the machine hosting this was rebooted three days ago, which
> might explain why it's no longer "stuck".  As to why it failed, I have
> no idea.

same issue again... Who should we ping for such issue ?

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/