Обсуждение: pgsql-jobs moderation

pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW,

(1) Who are the current moderators for pgsql-jobs?

(2) I think that we should change the settings of pgsql-jobs to be "all
posts are moderated, even from subscribers".  There are two reasons for
this:

(2.1) Several recruiters have, in the past, posted completely
inappropriate jobs (MySQL-only or Oracle-only jobs, for example) or
stupidly incomplete job announcements.

(2.2) Once a month or so, someone replies to the list instead of to the
sender with their resume, to their embarassment.

Given that pgsql-jobs is NOT a discussion list, I see no drawback to
moderating all posts.  I will happily sign up as a moderator for this list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of lun jun 13 17:17:18 -0400 2011:
> WWW,
>
> (1) Who are the current moderators for pgsql-jobs?

Err, the current moderator listed is devrim@CommandPrompt.com
I am not sure if Devrim gets that email or not, my guess is not --
presumably this means that nobody is moderating this list.

> (2) I think that we should change the settings of pgsql-jobs to be "all
> posts are moderated, even from subscribers".  There are two reasons for
> this:

No opinion here.

> Given that pgsql-jobs is NOT a discussion list, I see no drawback to
> moderating all posts.  I will happily sign up as a moderator for this list.

I was just going to add you to the moderator list when the web thingy
went down in flames.

Re: pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On 06/14/2011 12:14 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Given that pgsql-jobs is NOT a discussion list, I see no drawback to
>> moderating all posts.  I will happily sign up as a moderator for this list.
>>
> I was just going to add you to the moderator list when the web thingy
> went down in flames.

I could do some moderation time on there as well.  I'm listed as a
pgsql-announce moderator right now, but that doesn't seem to be very
useful to anyone.  Can't remember the last time I tried to moderate
something and found it still in the queue when I tried.  If I were
pulled off pgsql-announce and put onto moderation duties for pgsql-jobs
instead, I'd keep as close of an eye on that as I can.

Re: pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of mar jun 14 01:07:31 -0400 2011:
> On 06/14/2011 12:14 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >> Given that pgsql-jobs is NOT a discussion list, I see no drawback to
> >> moderating all posts.  I will happily sign up as a moderator for this list.
> >>
> > I was just going to add you to the moderator list when the web thingy
> > went down in flames.
>
> I could do some moderation time on there as well.  I'm listed as a
> pgsql-announce moderator right now, but that doesn't seem to be very
> useful to anyone.  Can't remember the last time I tried to moderate
> something and found it still in the queue when I tried.  If I were
> pulled off pgsql-announce and put onto moderation duties for pgsql-jobs
> instead, I'd keep as close of an eye on that as I can.

Okay, added both Greg and Josh Berkus to -jobs moderation and took you
off -announce.

Devrim@commandprompt.com is still listed as moderator of -jobs; what
should I do about that one?

Re: pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On 06/14/2011 10:11 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Okay, added both Greg and Josh Berkus to -jobs moderation and took you
> off -announce.

I just got my first moderation request and rejected a post (after
contacting the person to say what was wrong with it and suggesting the
re-submit), so this all looks good so far.

> Devrim@commandprompt.com is still listed as moderator of -jobs; what
> should I do about that one?

Change to devrim@gunduz.org and let Devrim squawk/fix it himself if he
doesn't want to be there?

Re: pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 10:11 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Devrim@commandprompt.com is still listed as moderator of -jobs; what
> should I do about that one?

That explains why I'm not getting moderation emails for a looong time.

Could you please change it to devrim@gunduz.org ?

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgsql-jobs moderation

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Devrim GÜNDÜZ's message of mié jun 15 09:38:06 -0400 2011:
> On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 10:11 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > Devrim@commandprompt.com is still listed as moderator of -jobs; what
> > should I do about that one?
>
> That explains why I'm not getting moderation emails for a looong time.
>
> Could you please change it to devrim@gunduz.org ?

Done