Обсуждение: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
Selena Deckelmann
Дата:
Hi!

I need to add a few press email addresses for Cape Verde, the Czech
Republic and Spain.

But I can't.

See the awesome error message I get at the following URL:
http://skitch.com/selena/danmy/google-chrome

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 9/16/10 1:55 PM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to add a few press email addresses for Cape Verde, the Czech
> Republic and Spain.
>
> But I can't.
>
> See the awesome error message I get at the following URL:
> http://skitch.com/selena/danmy/google-chrome

Note that this is new.  Marc, you changed something in Cyrus.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
I just created it from the command line with a password of s3l3n@ ... you
should be able to change password from teh interface now ...

let me know if you need anything else ...

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I need to add a few press email addresses for Cape Verde, the Czech
> Republic and Spain.
>
> But I can't.
>
> See the awesome error message I get at the following URL:
> http://skitch.com/selena/danmy/google-chrome
>
> -selena
>
> --
> http://chesnok.com/daily - me

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 9/16/10 1:55 PM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I need to add a few press email addresses for Cape Verde, the Czech
>> Republic and Spain.
>>
>> But I can't.
>>
>> See the awesome error message I get at the following URL:
>> http://skitch.com/selena/danmy/google-chrome
>
> Note that this is new.  Marc, you changed something in Cyrus.

Actually, it used to be that it was limited to somethng stupid like 6
characters ... I reduced it to 3 a couple of months ago ... itsn ot a
cyrus limit, its just one for that mailadmin interface, so I'm able to get
around it by jsut using command line tools ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> I just created it from the command line with a password of s3l3n@ ... you
> should be able to change password from teh interface now ...

Possibly you didn't intend to send this password to a mailing list
that gets publicly archived for all time?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>> I just created it from the command line with a password of s3l3n@ ... you
>> should be able to change password from teh interface now ...
>
> Possibly you didn't intend to send this password to a mailing list
> that gets publicly archived for all time?

Irrelevant, its only a temporary password ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 09/16/2010 06:22 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I just created it from the command line with a password of s3l3n@ ...
> you should be able to change password from teh interface now ...

Um, it?  We need to create 3 addresses.  Which one did you create?

Also, I've been creating 2-letter addresses for years.  It was never
restricted before; you in fact did something in the last month to change
it.  So whatever it is, you can undo it.

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
Selena Deckelmann
Дата:
Hey Marc,

You only created one of the accounts :(

This sucks that only you can do this because now we are to the weekend
with people in lots of different timezones and not very much time to
get people set up before Monday.

Can we please make it so that others can create email addresses?

-selena

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> I just created it from the command line with a password of s3l3n@ ... you
> should be able to change password from teh interface now ...
>
> let me know if you need anything else ...
>
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I need to add a few press email addresses for Cape Verde, the Czech
>> Republic and Spain.
>>
>> But I can't.
>>
>> See the awesome error message I get at the following URL:
>> http://skitch.com/selena/danmy/google-chrome
>>
>> -selena
>>
>> --
>> http://chesnok.com/daily - me
>>

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
> scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org
>
> Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
try that ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: Problems adding new email accounts: cv, cz and es

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 9/17/10 12:50 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> try that ...

Fixed.