Обсуждение: New Award

New Award

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW Team,

Can we put this on our awards page?  I especially like their truncation
of the name.

--Josh Berkus

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Granted Editor's Pick to PostgreSQL for Win
Date:     Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:40:06 -0600
From:     DownloadRoute.com <support@downloadroute.com>
To:     PostgreSQL Global Development Group <josh@postgresql.org>

DownloadRoute.com - The huge files archive with more than 74.400
software tites

Hello Sir/Madam,
 this is not a spam.

Your software "PostgreSQL for Win"
<http://www.downloadroute.com/PostgreSQL-for-Win-PostgreSQL-Global-Development-Group/awards.html>
has been chosen by our visitors and was selected as an *editorial pick*.
We are impressed by the quality and cleanliness of the program.

<http://www.downloadroute.com/PostgreSQL-for-Win-PostgreSQL-Global-Development-Group/awards.html>

You can keep this award in the future, if you put it on the site.

Sincerely,
George
DownloadRoute.com team

from our future mailings./

Re: New Award

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Can we stick to awards from recognisable entities that aren't just
trying to improve their SEO?

On 12/18/09, Josh Berkus <josh@postgresql.org> wrote:
> WWW Team,
>
> Can we put this on our awards page?  I especially like their truncation
> of the name.
>
> --Josh Berkus

Dave Page

Re: New Award

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 12/18/09 10:42 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> Can we stick to awards from recognisable entities that aren't just
> trying to improve their SEO?

Oh, you're so picky!  :-(

I think "PostgreSQL for Win" should be our new slogan.  Much better than
"most advanced open source database".

--Josh

Re: New Award

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> I think "PostgreSQL for Win" should be our new slogan.  Much better than
> "most advanced open source database".

I think you've found a new candidate for the long-running debate over
what should get printed on the next batch of coffee mugs.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: New Award

От
Dave Page
Дата:
:-)

--
Dave Page

Re: New Award

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:47:52 -0500 Greg Smith wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I think "PostgreSQL for Win" should be our new slogan.  Much better than
> > "most advanced open source database".
> >

> I think you've found a new candidate for the long-running debate over
> what should get printed on the next batch of coffee mugs.

*hust*

If it were cheaper, we should produce all of the proposals - so everyone
has an unique mug ;-)

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group