Обсуждение: gitadmin Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

gitadmin Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

От
James Pye
Дата:
Sent a message to gitadmin@git.postgresql.org cited by [1], but it was returned to me with user unknown. I hope this is the right place to gripe? =)

[1] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git

Begin forwarded message:

From: MAILER-DAEMON@jwp.name (Mail Delivery System)
Date: July 23, 2009 4:44:46 PM GMT-07:00
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host jwp.name.

                  The mail system

<gitadmin@git.postgresql.org>: host git.postgresql.org[208.86.40.163] said: 550
   5.1.1 <gitadmin@git.postgresql.org>... User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO
   command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; jwp.name
Arrival-Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:44:29 -0700 (MST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; gitadmin@git.postgresql.org
Remote-MTA: dns; git.postgresql.org
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <gitadmin@git.postgresql.org>... User unknown

From: James William Pye <x@jwp.name>
Date: July 23, 2009 4:44:19 PM GMT-07:00
Subject: account request

? =)

Want to move http://github.com/jwp/postgresql-plpython3/tree/plpython3 over.

Re: gitadmin Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM, James Pye<lists@jwp.name> wrote:
> Sent a message to gitadmin@git.postgresql.org cited by [1], but it was
> returned to me with user unknown. I hope this is the right place to gripe?
> =)
> [1] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git

I don't have much to do with the GIT server so Magnus will have to
confirm, but that section of that wiki page looks like it was written
for the original proof-of-concept GIT server.

To request a new repo on the production system, visit
http://git.postgresql.org/adm/

It seems like a link to that page from the homepage might be useful...

--
Dave Page

Re: gitadmin Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 09:57, Dave Page<dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM, James Pye<lists@jwp.name> wrote:
>> Sent a message to gitadmin@git.postgresql.org cited by [1], but it was
>> returned to me with user unknown. I hope this is the right place to gripe?
>> =)
>> [1] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git
>
> I don't have much to do with the GIT server so Magnus will have to
> confirm, but that section of that wiki page looks like it was written
> for the original proof-of-concept GIT server.

Yes. I updated pages I found, but forgot completely about the wiki :S

You might want to read up on http://git.postgresql.org/adm/help/ as well :)

> It seems like a link to that page from the homepage might be useful...

Perhaps in the developer FAQ? Or did you mean somewhere under
/developer/ on the site?

-- Magnus HaganderSelf: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: gitadmin Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> It seems like a link to that page from the homepage might be useful...
>
> Perhaps in the developer FAQ? Or did you mean somewhere under
> /developer/ on the site?

For the benefit of the list, this was discussed and improved via IM.

--
Dave Page

Re: gitadmin Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

От
James Pye
Дата:
On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> To request a new repo on the production system, visit
>> http://git.postgresql.org/adm/
>
> You might want to read up on http://git.postgresql.org/adm/help/ as
> well :)

Okay. tybvm =)