Обсуждение: Where should we put features list?

Where should we put features list?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW,

Last year, we had a PR version of the new features list available and
translated as part of the presskit:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/features83

This year, the feature list was both too long, and not ready in time for
translation.  As a result, it currently exists in (not finalized)
English-only form on the wiki:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WhatsNew84

I'll be finalizing/cleaning up this text today.  However, for that I
need to know where the document should live: should it stay on the wiki,
or should I prep it to go in HTML on the main site?

I lean towards the main site myself, but it's really up to the WWW team.  Determination?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Where should we put features list?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 11:35 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW,
>
> Last year, we had a PR version of the new features list available and
> translated as part of the presskit:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/features83
>
> This year, the feature list was both too long, and not ready in time for
> translation.  As a result, it currently exists in (not finalized)
> English-only form on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WhatsNew84
>
> I'll be finalizing/cleaning up this text today.  However, for that I
> need to know where the document should live: should it stay on the wiki,
> or should I prep it to go in HTML on the main site?
>
> I lean towards the main site myself, but it's really up to the WWW team.
>   Determination?

IMO we just link to the finalized (and locked) page on the wiki.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Where should we put features list?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW,
>
> Last year, we had a PR version of the new features list available and
> translated as part of the presskit:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/features83
>
> This year, the feature list was both too long, and not ready in time for
> translation.  As a result, it currently exists in (not finalized)
> English-only form on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WhatsNew84
>
> I'll be finalizing/cleaning up this text today.  However, for that I
> need to know where the document should live: should it stay on the wiki,
> or should I prep it to go in HTML on the main site?
>
> I lean towards the main site myself, but it's really up to the WWW team.
>  Determination?

I'd say main website. Wiki is more for in-progress work. If this is an
official document, especially an official press document, it should be
on the site.

-- Magnus HaganderSelf: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Where should we put features list?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> I'd say main website. Wiki is more for in-progress work. If this is an
> official document, especially an official press document, it should be
> on the site.

+1.

...Robert

Re: Where should we put features list?

От
Guido Barosio
Дата:
+1 site

It's a press release! Site is the place.

gb.-

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> I'd say main website. Wiki is more for in-progress work. If this is an
>> official document, especially an official press document, it should be
>> on the site.
>
> +1.
>
> ...Robert

Re: Where should we put features list?

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> I'd say main website. Wiki is more for in-progress work. If this is an
> official document, especially an official press document, it should be
> on the site.

+1

--
Atentamente,