Обсуждение: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
accepting events in non-English languages?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
> These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
> accepting events in non-English languages?

According to this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

We don't have one.

Joshua D. Drkae

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Guido Barosio
Дата:
I have no concerns at all on letting this happen.

A french one, as a sample:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.816

gb.-

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
>> These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
>> accepting events in non-English languages?
>
> According to this:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>
> We don't have one.
>
> Joshua D. Drkae
>

>> --
>> Josh Berkus
>> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
>> www.pgexperts.com
>>
> --
> PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
>   Consulting, Development, Support, Training
>   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
>   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 4/13/09 4:15 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
>> These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
>> accepting events in non-English languages?
>
> According to this:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>
> We don't have one.

So, votes?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
www.pgexperts.com

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Guido Barosio
Дата:
+1

2009/4/13, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> On 4/13/09 4:15 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
>>> These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
>>> accepting events in non-English languages?
>>
>> According to this:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>>
>> We don't have one.
>
> So, votes?
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> www.pgexperts.com

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
+1

----

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Magnus Hagander

On 14 apr 2009, at 01.23, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/09 4:15 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
>>> These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
>>> accepting events in non-English languages?
>>
>> According to this:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>>
>> We don't have one.
>
> So, votes?

I'd prefer a quick intro in english (a single sentence is fine). Other
than that, I'm all for it.

/Magnus

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
+1

Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 4/13/09 4:15 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> We've just had a bunch of training events submitted in Portuguese.
>>> These are legitimate training sessions, but what's our policy on
>>> accepting events in non-English languages?
>>
>> According to this:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>>
>> We don't have one.
>
> So, votes?

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On 14 apr 2009, at 01.23, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> I'd prefer a quick intro in english (a single sentence is fine). Other
> than that, I'm all for it.

+1  :-)

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Guido Barosio
Дата:
Getting back to this thread, any final conclusion?

I 'm about ( later today) to announce an envent and would appreciate
to create it in spanish.

Regards,
gb.-

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

Re: Do we accept Portuguese events for the home page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 5/11/09 6:54 AM, Guido Barosio wrote:
> Getting back to this thread, any final conclusion?
>
> I 'm about ( later today) to announce an envent and would appreciate
> to create it in spanish.

The consensus was that we accept events in any language where we have
someone who can check the content.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.