Обсуждение: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
Koen Martens
Дата:
Hey guys&gals,

After getting lots of inspiration from pgday, we're planning on
starting the dbpug (dutch, belgian postgresql user groep).

We already have domains postgresql.nl and postgresql.be, but currently
they serve static content.

The question is: can we host these domains on postgresql infrastructure,
and if so: what will we get? Just a bare jail in which we need to install our
own software, or do we get an already isntalled and pgsql-styled drupal
installation (or whatever) on which we can go wild content-wise??

Thanks,

Koen

Re: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
I'm sure we can get you a jail, if that's what would be best for you.
In that case, what you get is a completely empty jail.

Another option might be if something can be done within the pugs
framework. That would mean a whole lot of less administration. Not
really sure what can be done there - Selena?

/Magnus

On 25 okt 2008, at 14.44, Koen Martens <gmc@sonologic.nl> wrote:

> Hey guys&gals,
>
> After getting lots of inspiration from pgday, we're planning on
> starting the dbpug (dutch, belgian postgresql user groep).
>
> We already have domains postgresql.nl and postgresql.be, but currently
> they serve static content.
>
> The question is: can we host these domains on postgresql
> infrastructure,
> and if so: what will we get? Just a bare jail in which we need to
> install our
> own software, or do we get an already isntalled and pgsql-styled
> drupal
> installation (or whatever) on which we can go wild content-wise??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Koen

Re: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
Koen Martens
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 03:36:32PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I'm sure we can get you a jail, if that's what would be best for you.
> In that case, what you get is a completely empty jail.

Ok, we have those already :)

> Another option might be if something can be done within the pugs
> framework. That would mean a whole lot of less administration. Not
> really sure what can be done there - Selena?

That sounds like a better option, less administration++.

Although Gevik is currently hosting the domains, and he said he can also
install drupal on his server and apply the pgtheme on that, which is fine too.

Gr,

Koen

> /Magnus
>
> On 25 okt 2008, at 14.44, Koen Martens <gmc@sonologic.nl> wrote:
>
> >Hey guys&gals,
> >
> >After getting lots of inspiration from pgday, we're planning on
> >starting the dbpug (dutch, belgian postgresql user groep).
> >
> >We already have domains postgresql.nl and postgresql.be, but currently
> >they serve static content.
> >
> >The question is: can we host these domains on postgresql
> >infrastructure,
> >and if so: what will we get? Just a bare jail in which we need to
> >install our
> >own software, or do we get an already isntalled and pgsql-styled
> >drupal
> >installation (or whatever) on which we can go wild content-wise??
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Koen
> >

> >--

Re: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Koen Martens <gmc@sonologic.nl> wrote:

>> Another option might be if something can be done within the pugs
>> framework. That would mean a whole lot of less administration. Not
>> really sure what can be done there - Selena?
>
> That sounds like a better option, less administration++.
>
> Although Gevik is currently hosting the domains, and he said he can also
> install drupal on his server and apply the pgtheme on that, which is fine too.

Yeah, we have the PUG server and we could definitely start hosting
different domains on it.

I desperately need to upgrade Drupal. Let me try to do that tomorrow,
and then we could start hosting multiple domains with it.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx

Re: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
Koen Martens
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 07:07:54AM -0700, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Koen Martens <gmc@sonologic.nl> wrote:
> >> Another option might be if something can be done within the pugs
> >> framework. That would mean a whole lot of less administration. Not
> >> really sure what can be done there - Selena?
> >
> > That sounds like a better option, less administration++.
> >
> > Although Gevik is currently hosting the domains, and he said he can also
> > install drupal on his server and apply the pgtheme on that, which is fine too.
>
> Yeah, we have the PUG server and we could definitely start hosting
> different domains on it.

Which pug's are hosted there atm? So we can see what it looks like.

> I desperately need to upgrade Drupal. Let me try to do that tomorrow,
> and then we could start hosting multiple domains with it.

I think Gevik will install drupal tonight even, so that would work for us
too.

Gr,

Koen

Re: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Koen Martens wrote:
>>> That sounds like a better option, less administration++.
>>>
>>> Although Gevik is currently hosting the domains, and he said he can also
>>> install drupal on his server and apply the pgtheme on that, which is fine too.
>> Yeah, we have the PUG server and we could definitely start hosting
>> different domains on it.
>
> Which pug's are hosted there atm? So we can see what it looks like.

http://pugs.postgresql.org

Joshua D. Drake

Re: hosting postgresql.{nl,be}

От
Koen Martens
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:32:25AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Koen Martens wrote:

>>> Yeah, we have the PUG server and we could definitely start hosting
>>> different domains on it.
>> Which pug's are hosted there atm? So we can see what it looks like.
>
> http://pugs.postgresql.org

Thanks all for the replies. Seems we'll go along with installing drupal
on one of Gevik's virtual machines, with backup to something on my own
hosting infrastructure. No need to burden you guys with extra work if we
can deal with it ourselves!

Gr,

Koen