Обсуждение: people.planetpostgresql.org -- status update

people.planetpostgresql.org -- status update

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

I just got an info that the data is not lost -- it is an unfortunate
payment issue to iweb. The owner of the server is taking care of it, and
we will be able to access the data later this week.

Selena kindly offered to backup the data of all planet to one of her
servers, so once we restore data, we will replicate both database and
website to her server for disaster recovery.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr                  http://www.gunduz.org

Re: people.planetpostgresql.org -- status update

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got an info that the data is not lost -- it is an unfortunate
> payment issue to iweb. The owner of the server is taking care of it, and
> we will be able to access the data later this week.

That's fantastic news. Thanks, Devrim!

I can now discontinue my only partially successful attempts to scrape
back my blog from google cache...

//Magnus

Re: people.planetpostgresql.org -- status update

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:58 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got an info that the data is not lost -- it is an unfortunate
> payment issue to iweb. The owner of the server is taking care of it, and
> we will be able to access the data later this week.
>
> Selena kindly offered to backup the data of all planet to one of her
> servers, so once we restore data, we will replicate both database and
> website to her server for disaster recovery.

Any update on this, or should we try to reconstruct our blogs manually
from some cache?

Regards,Jeff Davis