Обсуждение: okay, who broke the wiki?

okay, who broke the wiki?

Дата:
Attempting to log in to wiki.postgresql.org yields
Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /usr/local/www/mediawiki/extensions/PgAuthPlugin.php on line 29Failed to
connectto the authentication database:

It appears that quite aside from whatever the login problem is, the
failure path is too broken to display the actual error message.
        regards, tom lane

Re: okay, who broke the wiki?

От
Magnus Hagander
Tom Lane wrote:
> Attempting to log in to wiki.postgresql.org yields
>
>     Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /usr/local/www/mediawiki/extensions/PgAuthPlugin.php on line 29
>     Failed to connect to the authentication database:

There are issues with the master database which contains this stuff.
Hopefully Stefan is already looking at it, or will soon be. But that's
where the error comes from.

> It appears that quite aside from whatever the login problem is, the
> failure path is too broken to display the actual error message.

Eh. that part is my fault, I'll have to look into that when I get back
from Prato.

//Magnus

Re: okay, who broke the wiki?

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Tom Lane wrote:
> Attempting to log in to wiki.postgresql.org yields
>
>     Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /usr/local/www/mediawiki/extensions/PgAuthPlugin.php on line 29
>     Failed to connect to the authentication database:
>
> It appears that quite aside from whatever the login problem is, the
> failure path is too broken to display the actual error message.

the underlying issue is that tribble is currently down (since the
upgrade to FreeBSD 6.3 it is loosing network connectivity every now and
then).
We are working on getting this fixed however.

Stefan

Re: okay, who broke the wiki?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> It appears that quite aside from whatever the login problem is, the
>> failure path is too broken to display the actual error message.
>
> Eh. that part is my fault, I'll have to look into that when I get back
> from Prato.

Actually, I thought that was my bad. I've fixed it now anyway.

--
Dave Page

Re: okay, who broke the wiki?

От
Magnus Hagander
Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
>>> It appears that quite aside from whatever the login problem is, the
>>> failure path is too broken to display the actual error message.
>> Eh. that part is my fault, I'll have to look into that when I get back
>> from Prato.
>
> Actually, I thought that was my bad. I've fixed it now anyway.

Oh, good point. I was thinking in terms of the pgday registration page,
which is what I was trying to get into myself...

Do we really want to just dump out the error message directly to the
lcient, though?

//Magnus

Re: okay, who broke the wiki?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:

>>> Eh. that part is my fault, I'll have to look into that when I get back
>>> from Prato.
>>
>> Actually, I thought that was my bad. I've fixed it now anyway.
>
> Oh, good point. I was thinking in terms of the pgday registration page,
> which is what I was trying to get into myself...
>
> Do we really want to just dump out the error message directly to the
> lcient, though?

Icient? The error display could be a little prettier there I agree.

--
Dave Page