Обсуждение: Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 02:00:23PM -0300, majordomo-owner@postgresql.org wrote:
> The command:
>   "(post to sfpug)"
>
> issued by:
>   Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>
>
> was executed with status:
>   0 (failure)
>
> in session:
>   c7f13d309723c648cb3bc1cad652e553d4c034a0
>
> from the resend interface, taking 1.088 seconds.
>
> Your message to the sfpug list has been denied
> for the following reason(s):
>
> The message is too big
> The message body is too long (574064 > 30720)

Can we get this limit increased, and the aforementioned post approved?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
David,

> Can we get this limit increased, and the aforementioned post approved?

I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to be?  I
certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:31 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> David,
>
> > Can we get this limit increased, and the aforementioned post approved?
>
> I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to be?  I
> certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG list.

Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this might be
a non-issue.

Regards,Jeff Davis

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 02:54:24PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:31 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > David,
> >
> > > Can we get this limit increased, and the aforementioned post
> > > approved?
> >
> > I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to
> > be?  I certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG list.
> >

> Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this
> might be a non-issue.

Easiest would be to attach same to the SFPUG meeting announcement :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Jeff,

> Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this might be
> a non-issue.

pugs.postgresql.org.  I'm trying to get that to work for me, though.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 14:55 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 02:54:24PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:31 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > David,

> > > I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to
> > > be?  I certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG list.
> > >

> > Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this
> > might be a non-issue.
>
> Easiest would be to attach same to the SFPUG meeting announcement :)

I don't see an obvious way to attach files there myself. So is the
process for speakers to send the files directly to you or Josh, and then
for you guys to post it there?

Regards,Jeff Davis

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
"Selena Deckelmann"
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 14:55 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 02:54:24PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:31 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > David,

> > > I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to
> > > be?  I certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG list.
> > >

> > Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this
> > might be a non-issue.
>
> Easiest would be to attach same to the SFPUG meeting announcement :)

I don't see an obvious way to attach files there myself. So is the
process for speakers to send the files directly to you or Josh, and then
for you guys to post it there?

Attaching is done toward the bottom of a post -- there's a "file attachment" field.

see:
http://skitch.com/selena/a4p1/pdxpug-october-meeting-oct-16-postgresql-user-group-site

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations

--
Dave Page

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 08:26:40AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:31 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> David,

> >> I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to
> >> be?  I certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG
> >> list.
> >>

> > Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this
> > might be a non-issue.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations

Good idea, and linking them from the PUG pages, etc.  is much easier,
too :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:31 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> David,

>>> I think that I can increase the limit, but what do we want it to be?  I
>>> certainly don't want to get 10MB attachments on a PUG list.
>>>
>> Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this might be
>> a non-issue.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations

Are files we post to the wiki backed up somehow?  I'd like to start
uploading more docs and presentations, but I'm concerned about the wiki
being a good place for them.

--Josh

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:

>>> Is there another logical place to post talk slides? If so, this might be
>>> a non-issue.
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations
>>

> Are files we post to the wiki backed up somehow?  I'd like to start
> uploading more docs and presentations, but I'm concerned about the wiki
> being a good place for them.

yes - we have (offsite) backups for the wiki.

Stefan

Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

Ok, I've just tried this, after Greg fixed the file type qualification
for mediawiki.  What I've found out is that mediawiki really isn't
designed to support uploading files other than images, and that using
mediawiki for file-sharing is a cumbersome 4-step process *per file*.

We need a better tool for sharing presentations and documents.  I've
been using pgfoundry, but it's not really designed to support more than
a few dozen documents per project and has zero concurrency on doc changes.

Suggestions?  Surely there's some OSS project we can use out of the box?

--Josh