Обсуждение: Question about event applicability...

Question about event applicability...

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
I'll be presenting at the Georgia 37th University System Annual
Computing Conference in Rock Eagle Georgia in October on two
PostgreSQL-related topics.

One is related to choosing an Open Source database (PostgreSQL vs
MySQL), the other is about PostgreSQL with PostGIS spatial extensions.

Would either/both of these events be things that would be appropriate on
the "events" section of the main web site?

thanks..

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

Re: Question about event applicability...

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Chander Ganesan <Chander@otg-nc.com> wrote:
> I'll be presenting at the Georgia 37th University System Annual Computing
> Conference in Rock Eagle Georgia in October on two PostgreSQL-related
> topics.
>
> One is related to choosing an Open Source database (PostgreSQL vs MySQL),
> the other is about PostgreSQL with PostGIS spatial extensions.
>
> Would either/both of these events be things that would be appropriate on the
> "events" section of the main web site?

I don't see why not - they are both of interest to our users/potential users.

--
Dave Page

Re: Question about event applicability...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Friday 12 September 2008 15:54:49 Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Chander Ganesan <Chander@otg-nc.com> wrote:
> > I'll be presenting at the Georgia 37th University System Annual Computing
> > Conference in Rock Eagle Georgia in October on two PostgreSQL-related
> > topics.
> >
> > One is related to choosing an Open Source database (PostgreSQL vs MySQL),
> > the other is about PostgreSQL with PostGIS spatial extensions.
> >
> > Would either/both of these events be things that would be appropriate on
> > the "events" section of the main web site?
>
> I don't see why not - they are both of interest to our users/potential
> users.

Except, this seems like one event, "the Georgia 37th University System Annual
Computing Conference", but be sure to mention both talks in the description
(and list any other advocacy activities / folks that might be going)

--
Robert Treat

Re: Question about event applicability...

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2008 15:54:49 Dave Page wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Chander Ganesan <Chander@otg-nc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll be presenting at the Georgia 37th University System Annual Computing
>>> Conference in Rock Eagle Georgia in October on two PostgreSQL-related
>>> topics.
>>>
>>> One is related to choosing an Open Source database (PostgreSQL vs MySQL),
>>> the other is about PostgreSQL with PostGIS spatial extensions.
>>>
>>> Would either/both of these events be things that would be appropriate on
>>> the "events" section of the main web site?
>>>
>> I don't see why not - they are both of interest to our users/potential
>> users.
>>

> Except, this seems like one event, "the Georgia 37th University System Annual
> Computing Conference", but be sure to mention both talks in the description
> (and list any other advocacy activities / folks that might be going)

Are there an other advocacy activities (or folks) that are going?
AFAIK, I'm the only one...and I'll only be there on Friday for my talks...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
919-463-0999/877-258-8987
http://www.otg-nc.com

Re: Question about event applicability...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wednesday 17 September 2008 22:09:30 Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> > On Friday 12 September 2008 15:54:49 Dave Page wrote:

> >> I don't see why not - they are both of interest to our users/potential
> >> users.
> >
> > Except, this seems like one event, "the Georgia 37th University System
> > Annual Computing Conference", but be sure to mention both talks in the
> > description (and list any other advocacy activities / folks that might be
> > going)
>
> Are there an other advocacy activities (or folks) that are going?
> AFAIK, I'm the only one...and I'll only be there on Friday for my talks...

I thought Michael Brewer was going, and maybe Andrew Dunstan, you might want
to poke them (or drop a not to -advocacy)

--
Robert Treat

Re: Question about event applicability...

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:

>> Are there an other advocacy activities (or folks) that are going?
>> AFAIK, I'm the only one...and I'll only be there on Friday for my talks...
>>

> I thought Michael Brewer was going, and maybe Andrew Dunstan, you might want
> to poke them (or drop a not to -advocacy)

Michael is going to "try" to go. It is not confirmed yet. I am not sure
about Andrew because they are going to Ohio Linux Fest.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Question about event applicability...

От
Melanie
Дата:
You're right, JD, Andrew is doing Linux Fest, not the GA one.