Обсуждение: Wiki accounts linked to community account?

Wiki accounts linked to community account?

От
"Ian Bailey"
Дата:
I can't seem to log onto the wiki (http://wiki.postgresql.org) with
the same user account I can use to log onto my community ID
(http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/login?p=community/profile), although
the Wiki says that all community accounts should work.

Do I need to request my community ID to be transferred to the Wiki? Or
is there something broken with a script that I can help diagnose?

Thanks for anyone who can help me with this, I'd like to add some bits
to the Wiki,

~Ian Bailey

Re: Wiki accounts linked to community account?

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Ian Bailey wrote:
> I can't seem to log onto the wiki (http://wiki.postgresql.org) with
> the same user account I can use to log onto my community ID
> (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/login?p=community/profile), although
> the Wiki says that all community accounts should work.

that is how it is supposed to work

> Do I need to request my community ID to be transferred to the Wiki? Or
> is there something broken with a script that I can help diagnose?
>
> Thanks for anyone who can help me with this, I'd like to add some bits
> to the Wiki,

Offhand I cannot think about a reason why it would not work for one
specific login ID - but it would help if you could tell us your login ID
so we can investigate further.

Stefan

Re: Wiki accounts linked to community account?

От
"Ian Bailey"
Дата:
Sorry, I meant to send this with my earlier email.

My community account id is "ian_b".

~Ian

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> Ian Bailey wrote:
>>
>> I can't seem to log onto the wiki (http://wiki.postgresql.org) with
>> the same user account I can use to log onto my community ID
>> (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/login?p=community/profile), although
>> the Wiki says that all community accounts should work.
>
> that is how it is supposed to work
>

>> Do I need to request my community ID to be transferred to the Wiki? Or
>> is there something broken with a script that I can help diagnose?
>>
>> Thanks for anyone who can help me with this, I'd like to add some bits
>> to the Wiki,
>
> Offhand I cannot think about a reason why it would not work for one specific
> login ID - but it would help if you could tell us your login ID so we can
> investigate further.
>

> Stefan

Re: Wiki accounts linked to community account?

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Ian Bailey wrote:
> Sorry, I meant to send this with my earlier email.
>
> My community account id is "ian_b".

damn - this seems to be a bug in our mediawiki/community login
integration caused by the fact that mediawiki seems to convert
underscores in userid's into spaces.
Not sure yet about the proper fix for that - so if you really want to
edit the wiki now please create an account without an underscore :-(

Stefan