Обсуждение: Double listing training courses

Double listing training courses

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
I see there is one company that appears to have deliberately listed its
courses twice (same title, same dates, same location etc).

Can somebody request that they de-list one or both of the duplicates in
each case?

This is getting silly.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Double listing training courses

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 09 May 2008 20:40:10 +0100
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I see there is one company that appears to have deliberately listed
> its courses twice (same title, same dates, same location etc).

Why is the assumption that it was deliberate, when in fact the list is
moderated and it was likely just human error in approval?

> Can somebody request that they de-list one or both of the duplicates
> in each case?

There was only one duplicate I saw. The other appears to be the same
course being offered at two locations.

> This is getting silly.

What exactly?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Double listing training courses

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 13:04 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 09 May 2008 20:40:10 +0100
> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>

> > I see there is one company that appears to have deliberately listed
> > its courses twice (same title, same dates, same location etc).
> >

> Why is the assumption that it was deliberate, when in fact the list is
> moderated and it was likely just human error in approval?

> > Can somebody request that they de-list one or both of the duplicates
> > in each case?
>
> There was only one duplicate I saw. The other appears to be the same
> course being offered at two locations.

I see 5 exact duplicates.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence... 5 times is what?

Please can someone remove those.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Double listing training courses

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> I see 5 exact duplicates.

Links?

> Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence... 5 times is what?

... is hitting he "submit" button too many times.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Double listing training courses

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 13:30 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I see 5 exact duplicates.
>
> Links?
>

> > Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence... 5 times is what?
>
> ... is hitting he "submit" button too many times.

No, 5 duplicate pairs.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Double listing training courses

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 09 May 2008 21:35:55 +0100
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > ... is hitting he "submit" button too many times.
>
> No, 5 duplicate pairs.

Actually in looking at the entries a lot of them came approximately 4
days apart. What I think is happening is that either two people from
the same place are doing the entries (and not talking to each other) or
someone is getting impatient with how long it takes us to approve the
events.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Double listing training courses

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Friday 09 May 2008 17:56:31 Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 09 May 2008 21:35:55 +0100
>
> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > > ... is hitting he "submit" button too many times.
> >
> > No, 5 duplicate pairs.

In the future, please be specific on company, date, and location... looking
through the list I only noticed 2 duplicates. I have disabled then for now
(we can delete them if everyone is ok with that)

> Actually in looking at the entries a lot of them came approximately 4
> days apart. What I think is happening is that either two people from
> the same place are doing the entries (and not talking to each other) or
> someone is getting impatient with how long it takes us to approve the
> events.

I don't understand why event_location is a seperate table from event. The only
advantage I can see is if we expect to have a single event take place in more
than one location, which we don't really support anyway. I'd rather fold that
into a single event table and put a unique key on company, date, location,
and training. Thoughts?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Double listing training courses

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 19:48 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Friday 09 May 2008 17:56:31 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > > No, 5 duplicate pairs.
> >

> In the future, please be specific on company, date, and location... looking
> through the list I only noticed 2 duplicates. I have disabled then for now
> (we can delete them if everyone is ok with that)

Thanks for your help. Sorry for not giving details, I thought it would
be clearer than it has turned out to be.

> > Actually in looking at the entries a lot of them came approximately 4
> > days apart. What I think is happening is that either two people from
> > the same place are doing the entries (and not talking to each other) or
> > someone is getting impatient with how long it takes us to approve the
> > events.
> >

> I don't understand why event_location is a seperate table from event. The only
> advantage I can see is if we expect to have a single event take place in more
> than one location, which we don't really support anyway. I'd rather fold that
> into a single event table and put a unique key on company, date, location,
> and training. Thoughts?

Agreed. If its at a different time/location then its a separate event.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com