Обсуждение: Another summerofcode.html update

Another summerofcode.html update

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

Here it is in context patch format, to forstall confusion.  Please apply,
thanks.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 25 March 2008 12:19, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Here it is in context patch format, to forstall confusion.  Please apply,
> thanks.

AFICT this was committed, but no follow-up was posted saying so... in the
future let's all remember to follow-up when we apply. Thank you for your
support.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:50:47 -0000
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

> > AFICT this was committed, but no follow-up was posted saying so...
> > in the future let's all remember to follow-up when we apply. Thank
> > you for your support.
>
> Isn't that what post-commit hooks automagically sending mail is for?

Yes. I am not sure which followup we are looking for. I received
notification today. Robert are you not on pgweb@pgweb.postgresql.org?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 25 March 2008 21:53, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:50:47 -0000
>
> "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> > > AFICT this was committed, but no follow-up was posted saying so...
> > > in the future let's all remember to follow-up when we apply. Thank
> > > you for your support.
> >
> > Isn't that what post-commit hooks automagically sending mail is for?
>
> Yes. I am not sure which followup we are looking for. I received
> notification today. Robert are you not on pgweb@pgweb.postgresql.org?

sure, but those messages are not threaded to original requests, and i'd
suspect not everyone who submits a patch is subscribed there.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2008 21:53, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > > Isn't that what post-commit hooks automagically sending mail is
> > > for?
> >
> > Yes. I am not sure which followup we are looking for. I received
> > notification today. Robert are you not on
> > pgweb@pgweb.postgresql.org?
> >
> sure, but those messages are not threaded to original requests, and
> i'd suspect not everyone who submits a patch is subscribed there.

I agree with Robert here - having a quick "applied, thanks" note appear
in the proper thread makes it a *lot* easier to figure out which things
can be removed from the local shame-list of stuff that needs to be
applied.

//Magnus

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:15:55 +0100
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> I agree with Robert here - having a quick "applied, thanks" note
> appear in the proper thread makes it a *lot* easier to figure out
> which things can be removed from the local shame-list of stuff that
> needs to be applied.

With the infrequency of commits for www should we just point the commit
message to -www?

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Re: Another summerofcode.html update

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:15:55 +0100
> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> > I agree with Robert here - having a quick "applied, thanks" note
> > appear in the proper thread makes it a *lot* easier to figure out
> > which things can be removed from the local shame-list of stuff that
> > needs to be applied.
>
> With the infrequency of commits for www should we just point the
> commit message to -www?

I think not. It' just yet another reason that people would stay away
who're more interested in the other parts of the www discussion, and it
also does not solve the actual problem with the threading of the
message...

//Magnus