Обсуждение: Devel docs build is stuck?

Devel docs build is stuck?

Дата:
According to
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/buildlog.html
nothing has happened for a couple of days ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Devel docs build is stuck?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: Devel docs build is stuck?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> looks like a stale lock file, removed it so should run shortly ...

Should we get this build monitored too?

Re: Devel docs build is stuck?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>

>> looks like a stale lock file, removed it so should run shortly ...
>
> Should we get this build monitored too?

At the very least, have the lock file written to /tmp so that its cleared
on reboot?

Re: Devel docs build is stuck?

Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>

> >> looks like a stale lock file, removed it so should run shortly ...
> >
> > Should we get this build monitored too?
>
> At the very least, have the lock file written to /tmp so that its cleared
> on reboot?

Simplistically, the lockfile program that comes with procmail allows an
age to be specified --- if the lockfile is older than a certain amount
of time it is removed --- I used this feature often:
      If you specify a  locktimeout  then  a  lockfile  will  be      removed  by  force  after  locktimeout seconds
havepassed      since the lockfile was last modified/created (most  likely      by  some  other program that
unexpectedlydied a long time      ago, and hence could not clean up any leftover lockfiles).

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com