Обсуждение: Re: [ADMIN] 8.2.4 patches? (fwd)

Re: [ADMIN] 8.2.4 patches? (fwd)

Дата:
Seems we should have a web site that shows our CVS logs in an
easily-readable form.

----- Forwarded message from Tom Lane -----

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Hmm, do we include the cvs2cl-generated ChangeLog in the tarballs?

> No, we don't.  We used to but the file got too large.  Perhaps we should
> supply a URL that generates that information.

There are a couple of different queries that people would be interested
in:

* the full cvs2cl log between any two release points;
* the cvs2cl log from latest release to branch tip.

I do not think it's appropriate to stick this into the tarballs, as
there's an awful lot of noise in the logs (eg, docs tweaks, reverted
patches, trivial code cleanups); our practice of generating a condensed
release-notes page is a large public service in my eyes.  But +1 to
providing a web page from which the detailed answers could be generated
easily.

BTW, cvs2cl (at least the version I use) works fine against a remote
repository, so it's not like Ray couldn't have gotten the answer for
himself.  But a web page would be more user-friendly.
        regards, tom lane
----- End of forwarded message from Tom Lane -----

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: [ADMIN] 8.2.4 patches? (fwd)

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

>  Seems we should have a web site that shows our CVS logs in an
>  easily-readable form.

That would be a heck of a lot easier with an SCM that has a concept
like changesets...

*ducks*

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: [ADMIN] 8.2.4 patches? (fwd)

Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> >  Seems we should have a web site that shows our CVS logs in an
> >  easily-readable form.
>
> That would be a heck of a lot easier with an SCM that has a concept
> like changesets...

Running cvs log throught src/tools/pgcvslog seems to work fine for me.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: [ADMIN] 8.2.4 patches? (fwd)

От
"Marc G. Fournier"