Обсуждение: Where is the India mailing list?

Where is the India mailing list?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Marc,

This is the **4th request** I've made for the creation of a pgsql-in-general
mailing list over the last 3 months.   What does it take to get a mailing
list created?

"Ashish Mehra" <mehraak@gmail.com> should be admin.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Marc,
>
> This is the **4th request** I've made for the creation of a pgsql-in-general
> mailing list over the last 3 months.   What does it take to get a mailing
> list created?

Hmm, that list has existed for a while already.

Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Marc,
>>
>> This is the **4th request** I've made for the creation of a pgsql-in-general
>> mailing list over the last 3 months.   What does it take to get a mailing
>> list created?
>
> Hmm, that list has existed for a while already.

more than 3 months already:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-12/msg00214.php

Stefan

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

> more than 3 months already:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-12/msg00214.php

It's not here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

... which means that nobody can find it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> > more than 3 months already:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-12/msg00214.php
>
> It's not here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
>
> ... which means that nobody can find it.

That's not quite Marc's fault I would think.

Magnus and I have been talking about getting all this stuff into a
database, but of course both of us' schedules get in the way :-)

"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Вложения

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

> No I would say it's Josh's. He knows he can submit a patch. It isn't
> that hard. In fact, attached 3 minutes 27 seconds.

Hard to submit a patch when I had no reason to believe the list existed ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> No I would say it's Josh's. He knows he can submit a patch. It isn't
>> that hard. In fact, attached 3 minutes 27 seconds.
>
> Hard to submit a patch when I had no reason to believe the list existed ...

well - marc responded back to you with "List created" (see my reference
to the archives on the mail) - seems pretty clear to me ...

Stefan

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Everyone,

Sorry, guys.  I get very grumpy when I have to get up at 6am for a Sun phone
call.  Apologies.

Please apply Josh's patch.  Thanks.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
User Scrappy
Дата:
Pardon?  Its been there since Dec 30th:

%ls -lt pgsql-in-general
total 70
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo  16384 Mar  4 00:21 _dup_id.D
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo  16384 Mar  4 00:21 _dup_partial.D
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo  16384 Mar  4 00:21 _dup_sum.D
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo  16384 Mar  3 22:20 _bounce.D
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo      0 Dec 31 00:20 _posts.D
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo      0 Dec 30 22:20 _subscribers.D
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo    225 Dec 30 13:20 _digests
-rw-------  1 majordomo  majordomo    444 Dec 30 13:17 _config
drwx------  3 majordomo  majordomo    512 Dec 30 13:17 files
%

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
> This is the **4th request** I've made for the creation of a pgsql-in-general
> mailing list over the last 3 months.   What does it take to get a mailing
> list created?
>
> "Ashish Mehra" <mehraak@gmail.com> should be admin.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL @ Sun
> San Francisco

User Scrappy

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Sorry, guys.  I get very grumpy when I have to get up at 6am for a Sun phone
> call.  Apologies.

No problem ... been there, done that ... you had *me* worried that I had
missed that request, had to go and make sure that I had, in fact, created
it ...

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:31:50 -0800
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>>> more than 3 months already:
>>>
>>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2007-12/msg00214.php
>> It's not here:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
>>
>> ... which means that nobody can find it.
>>

> No I would say it's Josh's. He knows he can submit a patch. It isn't
> that hard. In fact, attached 3 minutes 27 seconds.

3 minutes 29 seconds would have resulted in (I believe more correct)
"Indian Postgresql Community" which is what I used in what got applied :-)

Stefan

Re: Where is the India mailing list?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"