Обсуждение: Archives: link to MarkMail?

Archives: link to MarkMail?

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Someone from MarkMail asked if it would be possible to add a link to the
MarkMail PostgreSQL list archives (http://postgresql.markmail.org) to
archives.postgresql.org. Would it be?

-Neil

Re: Archives: link to MarkMail?

Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:
> Someone from MarkMail asked if it would be possible to add a link to the
> MarkMail PostgreSQL list archives (http://postgresql.markmail.org) to
> archives.postgresql.org. Would it be?

Sort of like alternative archive search engines?   Yes, that would work.
I currently have for URLs:

http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=postgresqlhttp://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?autobahn=nolimit&hunt=pgsqlhttp://postgresql.markmail.org/http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=gh&hl=en&sel=33656041

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: Archives: link to MarkMail?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 07:26:40PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Neil Conway wrote:
> > Someone from MarkMail asked if it would be possible to add a link to the
> > MarkMail PostgreSQL list archives (http://postgresql.markmail.org) to
> > archives.postgresql.org. Would it be?
>
> Sort of like alternative archive search engines?   Yes, that would work.
> I currently have for URLs:
>
>     http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=postgresql
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?autobahn=nolimit&hunt=pgsql
>     http://postgresql.markmail.org/
>     http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=gh&hl=en&sel=33656041

Actually putting the links on archives.postgresql.org would be a bad thing
to do right now, since we're changing around quite a bit of where those
pages are coming from etc.

We could put it on the http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/ page
though. The question then becomes - do we link to all of them? If not,
what's the criteria for which one(s) get listed?

//Magnus

Re: Archives: link to MarkMail?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> We could put it on the http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/ page
> though. The question then becomes - do we link to all of them? If not,
> what's the criteria for which one(s) get listed?

What I'd do is put a link to the specific archive for each specific list
in the description at the top of each list's page (on each list's "top"
file, or the table entry when we get that thing in).

Re: Archives: link to MarkMail?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:45:32AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > We could put it on the http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/ page
> > though. The question then becomes - do we link to all of them? If not,
> > what's the criteria for which one(s) get listed?
>
> What I'd do is put a link to the specific archive for each specific list
> in the description at the top of each list's page (on each list's "top"
> file, or the table entry when we get that thing in).

That we can do, but let's fix the other parts there first.

And the second question still remains to be decided upon before we can do that.

//Magnus