Обсуждение: Email from infotecnica.com.br

Email from infotecnica.com.br

От
Guillaume Smet
Дата:
Hi all,

I just posted to -performance and I received the following email from
postmaster at infotecnica.com.br:
"The email message sent to pgsql-performance at postgresql.org requires
a confirmation to be delivered. Please, answer this email informing the
characters that you see in the image below."
followed by a captcha image.

I think we should inform the user to remove this sort of thing or
unsubscribe him from the list. It's quite annoying and disturbing for
our users.

The header is:
22:10:51-0200

> I just posted to -performance and I received the following email from
> postmaster at infotecnica.com.br:

> I think we should inform the user to remove this sort of thing or
> unsubscribe him from the list. It's quite annoying and disturbing for
> our users.

If you can figure out who the guy is, I will get you a beer first chance
I get.

Re: Email from infotecnica.com.br

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 01:26:07AM +0100, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> I just posted to -performance and I received the following email from
> postmaster at infotecnica.com.br:
> "The email message sent to pgsql-performance at postgresql.org requires
> a confirmation to be delivered. Please, answer this email informing the
> characters that you see in the image below."
> followed by a captcha image.
>
> I think we should inform the user to remove this sort of thing or
> unsubscribe him from the list. It's quite annoying and disturbing for
> our users.

We've had several people complain about this -- I think there was a thread
on -hackers as well.  I'm happy just to unsubscribe the user, as I'm willing
to bet lunch s/he isn't getting most of the mail.  Spammers are using this
mechanism to get people to decode captchas for them, too, so I would never
do it (I've no reason to believe, yet, that that's what's happening in this
case).

Re: Email from infotecnica.com.br

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
These guys are a smal software factory, probably some old employee /
dba / sysadmin suscribed their mail and it's not taking anymore that
role.

I can give them a call if it's worth, just let me know.

gb.-

On Dec 26, 2007 12:09 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 01:26:07AM +0100, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> > I just posted to -performance and I received the following email from
> > postmaster at infotecnica.com.br:
> > "The email message sent to pgsql-performance at postgresql.org requires
> > a confirmation to be delivered. Please, answer this email informing the
> > characters that you see in the image below."
> > followed by a captcha image.
> >
> > I think we should inform the user to remove this sort of thing or
> > unsubscribe him from the list. It's quite annoying and disturbing for
> > our users.
>
> We've had several people complain about this -- I think there was a thread
> on -hackers as well.  I'm happy just to unsubscribe the user, as I'm willing
> to bet lunch s/he isn't getting most of the mail.  Spammers are using this
> mechanism to get people to decode captchas for them, too, so I would never
> do it (I've no reason to believe, yet, that that's what's happening in this
> case).

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Re: Email from infotecnica.com.br

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 07:19:34PM -0300, Guido Barosio wrote:
> I can give them a call if it's worth, just let me know.

If you know who they are, I'm sure it'd be appreciated.

Re: Email from infotecnica.com.br

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
I don't know them, but I can give them a call.

Update later today.

gb.-