Обсуждение: Problem with archives

Problem with archives

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Archives seem to have *two* </head> tags on all pages. The one that has to
go away comes from the autogenerated stuff from mhonarc, so I have no idea
how to get rid of it.

Could someone do that please (and why not document how it's done while at
it..)

//Magnus

Re: Problem with archives

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
The archives also look very strange on both IE and FF
There is a big gap between the header and archive content.

Check the scrollbar : http://www.postgresql.nl/gevik/archives/

Regards,
Gevik Babakhani
PostgreSQL NL       http://www.postgresql.nl
TrueSoftware BV     http://www.truesoftware.nl

Re: Problem with archives

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 04:36:05PM +0100, Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> The archives also look very strange on both IE and FF
> There is a big gap between the header and archive content.
>
> Check the scrollbar : http://www.postgresql.nl/gevik/archives/

I wonder if you may have hit it right at a refresh. That very url
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/) comes up perfectly fine in
both IE and FFox for me. If the problem persists past a refresh, what
versions are you on?

//Magnus

Re: Problem with archives

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
sorry, this was probebly a proxy or a cache thing. after a couple of times
CTRL-F5
it comes up right.

Re: Problem with archives

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Archives seem to have *two* </head> tags on all pages. The one that has to
> go away comes from the autogenerated stuff from mhonarc, so I have no idea
> how to get rid of it.
>
> Could someone do that please (and why not document how it's done while at
> it..)

Yep, and it still does!  Example:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-01/msg00031.php

Does no one run an html checker on our output?

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: Problem with archives

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Archives seem to have *two* </head> tags on all pages. The one that has to
>> go away comes from the autogenerated stuff from mhonarc, so I have no idea
>> how to get rid of it.
>>
>> Could someone do that please (and why not document how it's done while at
>> it..)
>
> Yep, and it still does!  Example:
>
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-01/msg00031.php
>
> Does no one run an html checker on our output?

Not for the archives, no. For the main website, yes.

Alvaro has been doing some cleanup on the archives in the past couple of
days, and we're looking at some more fixes. Hopefully we can unbreak
this part as well.

//Magnus

Re: Problem with archives

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Archives seem to have *two* </head> tags on all pages. The one that has to
> > go away comes from the autogenerated stuff from mhonarc, so I have no idea
> > how to get rid of it.
> >
> > Could someone do that please (and why not document how it's done while at
> > it..)

Sure, I can do that.