Обсуждение: PostgreSQL conferences page?

PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
People,

I'm thinking that we have enough dedicated PostgreSQL conferences now
that we need a separate page / more information to list them all on
postgresql.org.  Events works OK, but is missing some stuff.

What we should have for each conference would be:

Conference Name
Location
Dates
Web Site
Organizer Contact
Audience
Registration Cost/Deadline
Call For Papers Opens-Closes

This listing should also allow us to list conferences which are still
vague, just so people get them on their calendars.

--Josh Berkus

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:

Something like http://www.php.net/conferences/ ?

--
Robert Treat

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> Something like http://www.php.net/conferences/ ?

Yeah.

--Josh

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 01:11:49PM +0530, Josh Berkus wrote:
> People,
>
> I'm thinking that we have enough dedicated PostgreSQL conferences now
> that we need a separate page / more information to list them all on
> postgresql.org.  Events works OK, but is missing some stuff.
>
> What we should have for each conference would be:
>
> Conference Name
> Location
> Dates
> Web Site
> Organizer Contact
> Audience
> Registration Cost/Deadline
> Call For Papers Opens-Closes
>
> This listing should also allow us to list conferences which are still
> vague, just so people get them on their calendars.

This is for 100% dedicated pg conferences?
(The example of the php conference for example includes OSCON which
certainly isn't 100% PHP - would we be including OSCON on this list?)

//Magnus

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Magnus,

> This is for 100% dedicated pg conferences?
> (The example of the php conference for example includes OSCON which
> certainly isn't 100% PHP - would we be including OSCON on this list?)
>
> //Magnus

Well, we'd have to set a policy.  I'd also be in favor of anything which
had a "PostgreSQL Day" or similar attached, e.g. FOSDEM.

--Josh Berkus

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > This is for 100% dedicated pg conferences?
> > (The example of the php conference for example includes OSCON which
> > certainly isn't 100% PHP - would we be including OSCON on this list?)
> >
> > //Magnus
>
> Well, we'd have to set a policy.  I'd also be in favor of anything which
> had a "PostgreSQL Day" or similar attached, e.g. FOSDEM.

Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?

/Magnus

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Magnus,

> Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?

Do we have *room*?

What I'd like on the front page would be a short list of "conference:
status," e.g.

PostgreSQL East      Registration Open
PGCon          Call for Papers
PostgreSQL Europe Planning

... for whatever the next 4-6 conferences are.  Then each conference
name should link to the conferences page.

Alternately, we could just interleave it into the events.

Maybe I should give this more thought.

--Josh

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:49 +0530, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
> > Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?
>
> Do we have *room*?

If not, we need to figure out a way to *make* room ;-)
It's kind of hard to tell when like now there is *not a single upcoming
event*. How did that happen :-) There has to be sometihng going on? If
not this year, can those going to/arranging conferences next year please
start submitting their details so we get something up there...

We could just stick it in the same column as events/training, and just
increase the number of posts we pull in the other columns (news and
planet)

> What I'd like on the front page would be a short list of "conference:
> status," e.g.
>
> PostgreSQL East      Registration Open
> PGCon          Call for Papers
> PostgreSQL Europe Planning
>
> ... for whatever the next 4-6 conferences are.  Then each conference
> name should link to the conferences page.

That seems good - I like that better than just interleaving with events.

> Maybe I should give this more thought.

Yes, that's what I'm kind of saying ;-)

//Magnus

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:49 +0530, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Magnus,
>>
>>> Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?
>> Do we have *room*?
>
> If not, we need to figure out a way to *make* room ;-)
> It's kind of hard to tell when like now there is *not a single upcoming
> event*. How did that happen :-) There has to be sometihng going on?

Well I need to submit East and SCALE :)

Joshua D. Drake

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:49 +0530, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Magnus,

>>> Do we have *room*?
>>
>> If not, we need to figure out a way to *make* room ;-)
>> It's kind of hard to tell when like now there is *not a single upcoming
>> event*. How did that happen :-) There has to be sometihng going on?
>
> Well I need to submit East and SCALE :)

Yes.
You are late :-P

//Magnus

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:49 +0530, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Magnus,
> >
> > > Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?
> >
> > Do we have *room*?
>
> If not, we need to figure out a way to *make* room ;-)
> It's kind of hard to tell when like now there is *not a single upcoming
> event*. How did that happen :-) There has to be sometihng going on? If
> not this year, can those going to/arranging conferences next year please
> start submitting their details so we get something up there...

Yea, where are all our events?  This Japan PostgreSQL Users Group event
should have been posted:
http://www.postgresql.jp/events/2007-year-end-party

The big question is why are people not submitting events?

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:49 +0530, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Magnus,

>>> Do we have *room*?
>> If not, we need to figure out a way to *make* room ;-)
>> It's kind of hard to tell when like now there is *not a single upcoming
>> event*. How did that happen :-) There has to be sometihng going on? If
>> not this year, can those going to/arranging conferences next year please
>> start submitting their details so we get something up there...
>
> Yea, where are all our events?  This Japan PostgreSQL Users Group event

Well we have several coming up:

SCALE
EAST
MySQLCon (I am speaking :))
Canuckistan
PGDay IT
OSCON
LWE
WEST

And somewhere in there is a EuroPGCon and we just had West...

Its Christmas man :) Relax... let the new year hit.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> If not, we need to figure out a way to *make* room ;-)
> >> It's kind of hard to tell when like now there is *not a single upcoming
> >> event*. How did that happen :-) There has to be sometihng going on? If
> >> not this year, can those going to/arranging conferences next year please
> >> start submitting their details so we get something up there...
> >
> > Yea, where are all our events?  This Japan PostgreSQL Users Group event
>
> Well we have several coming up:
>
> SCALE
> EAST
> MySQLCon (I am speaking :))
> Canuckistan
> PGDay IT
> OSCON
> LWE
> WEST
>
> And somewhere in there is a EuroPGCon and we just had West...
>
> Its Christmas man :) Relax... let the new year hit.

I think the events list has been sparse for a few months.  The JPUG
event should have been listed back on October.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com