Обсуждение: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
Ray O'Donnell has volunteered to be Press Contact for the Republic of
Ireland.

Please could we arrange these things?

- New email address ie@postgresql.org, details sent to Ray

- Add entry on http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact mentioning
Ray, and the new email address. Country would be "Ireland", probably,
but that would be for Ray to specify differently as he chooses.

- Edit my own entry on same page so that instead of "United Kingdom and
Republic of Ireland" it now just says "United Kingdom".

Thanks very much for this.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 28/11/2007 13:41, Simon Riggs wrote:

> - Add entry on http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact mentioning
> Ray, and the new email address. Country would be "Ireland", probably,
> but that would be for Ray to specify differently as he chooses.

Hi Simon et al,

"Ireland" is fine.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Simon, WWW,

> Ray O'Donnell has volunteered to be Press Contact for the Republic of
> Ireland.
>
> Please could we arrange these things?

Moved to -advocacy, which is where this discussion belongs.  The WWW team
should NOT be making changes to the list of Regional Contacts without
discussion on -advocacy, thanks!

I've had another volunteer for Ireland: Alex Markelov.  Rather than duking it
out, I'd like both of you to read the description of what a Regional Contact
does and decide yourselves who should cover Ireland this year:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Simon, WWW,
>
>> Ray O'Donnell has volunteered to be Press Contact for the Republic of
>> Ireland.
>>
>> Please could we arrange these things?
>
> Moved to -advocacy, which is where this discussion belongs.  The WWW team
> should NOT be making changes to the list of Regional Contacts without
> discussion on -advocacy, thanks!

The www team have done no such thing.

/D

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 12:56 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Simon, WWW,
>
> > Ray O'Donnell has volunteered to be Press Contact for the Republic of
> > Ireland.
> >
> > Please could we arrange these things?
>
> Moved to -advocacy, which is where this discussion belongs.

Why was Alex not previously mentioned on a public list?

>  The WWW team
> should NOT be making changes to the list of Regional Contacts without
> discussion on -advocacy, thanks!
>
> I've had another volunteer for Ireland: Alex Markelov.

Why was the current press contact for Ireland not notified of a
volunteer?

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Dave,

> > Moved to -advocacy, which is where this discussion belongs.  The WWW team
> > should NOT be making changes to the list of Regional Contacts without
> > discussion on -advocacy, thanks!
>
> The www team have done no such thing.

No, I was trying to head it off.  English doesn't clearly differentiate
between future and present tenses.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,
>
> > > Moved to -advocacy, which is where this discussion belongs.  The WWW team
> > > should NOT be making changes to the list of Regional Contacts without
> > > discussion on -advocacy, thanks!
> >
> > The www team have done no such thing.
>
> No, I was trying to head it off.  English doesn't clearly differentiate
> between future and present tenses.

Perhaps we should use another language on the lists, to avoid these
confusions.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
"Changing the world ... one keyboard at a time!"                        (www.DVzine.org)

Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От
"Joshua D. Drake"