Обсуждение: URLs for 8.3 release

URLs for 8.3 release

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

I'm planning for the Press Kit to be at /about/press/presskit83.html.LANG,
as it was in previous versions.  In addition, this year we have a separate
page of features (due to length) which will be
at /about/press/features83.html.LANG.  Any objections to that location?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: URLs for 8.3 release

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 12:38:52PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> at /about/press/features83.html.LANG.  Any objections to that location?

None here

--
Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke

Re: URLs for 8.3 release

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm planning for the Press Kit to be at /about/press/presskit83.html.LANG,
> as it was in previous versions.  In addition, this year we have a separate
> page of features (due to length) which will be
> at /about/press/features83.html.LANG.  Any objections to that location?

Why not presskit83.LANG.html etc?  Just to make the files look more
normal ...

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"[PostgreSQL] is a great group; in my opinion it is THE best open source

Re: URLs for 8.3 release

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm planning for the Press Kit to be at /about/press/presskit83.html.LANG,
>> as it was in previous versions.  In addition, this year we have a separate
>> page of features (due to length) which will be
>> at /about/press/features83.html.LANG.  Any objections to that location?
>
> Why not presskit83.LANG.html etc?  Just to make the files look more
> normal ...

NO!
That has to do with the language kit. For apache to deal with the
language properly, it has to be that way.

The idea being that if you just go to /about/press/features83 (which is
what we should *normally* be referring to!), it will pick up the
languagae from your browser and serve the correct page.

//Magnus