Обсуждение: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?]

[PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?]

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
Isn't there a way to get majordomo to automatically kill these
subscriptions? I know mailman can do it...

----- Forwarded message from PostOffice -----

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:54:58 -0500
Subject: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?
To: "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>
From: PostOffice

Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

Martin Chayer (Mailbox or Conference is full.)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net

Re: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?]

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Isn't there a way to get majordomo to automatically kill these
> subscriptions? I know mailman can do it...

Can somebody put the nomail bit on this guy. I am constantly getting
errors from him and I am tired of it.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thursday 25 January 2007 11:08, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > Isn't there a way to get majordomo to automatically kill these
> > subscriptions? I know mailman can do it...
>
> Can somebody put the nomail bit on this guy. I am constantly getting
> errors from him and I am tired of it.

You want the nomail bit added on Jim?

--
Robert Treat

Re: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 11:08, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>>> Isn't there a way to get majordomo to automatically kill these
>>> subscriptions? I know mailman can do it...
>> Can somebody put the nomail bit on this guy. I am constantly getting
>> errors from him and I am tired of it.
>>

> You want the nomail bit added on Jim?

Hah! Of course not...

Martin Chayer (Mailbox or Conference is full.)

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for

Дата:
> Robert Treat wrote:
>> You want the nomail bit added on Jim?

> Hah! Of course not...
> Martin Chayer (Mailbox or Conference is full.)

Chayer's addy has been bouncing mail since mid-November; here's
the headers from the first instance in my logs:

Re: [PostOffice: NDN: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:10:43AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> day or two, because bouncing to the From: author instead of the
> envelope sender is Absolutely Not Acceptable.  I forebore from

Well, not Absolutely Not.  RFC2822 saith
  The translation algorithm used to convert mail from the Internet  protocols to another environment's protocol SHOULD
ensurethat  error messages from the foreign mail environment are delivered to  the return path from the SMTP envelope,
notto the sender listed  in the "From:" field (or other fields) of the RFC 822 message.

But of course, that SHOULD surely permits receiving servers to decide
to reject future mail from a system that uses the From: instead of
the return path from the envelope.

Andrew "RFC Weenie" Sullivan

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.    --George Orwell