Обсуждение: Please update main page with new versions

Please update main page with new versions

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

I'm putting out the announcement of the new minor version in a couple hours.
Can someone update the main page with the correct new versions before I do?
(and yes, I should have asked this last night ...)

8.2.1
8.1.6
8.0.10
7.4.15

By discussion on -packagers, it's been suggested that we drop the link to 7.3
off the main page.  While we're still patching it and supporting it, we don't
want to encourage people to use it.

Let me know when this has been done, thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Please update main page with new versions

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 08:26:06AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm putting out the announcement of the new minor version in a couple hours.
> Can someone update the main page with the correct new versions before I do?
> (and yes, I should have asked this last night ...)
>
> 8.2.1
> 8.1.6
> 8.0.10
> 7.4.15
>
> By discussion on -packagers, it's been suggested that we drop the link to 7.3
> off the main page.  While we're still patching it and supporting it, we don't
> want to encourage people to use it.
>
> Let me know when this has been done, thanks!

Done, will be on next siet update.
I didn't drop the 7.3 link, because I thought in the end we decided not
to do that? I still think it's a good idea though, so I'll be happy to
do it later :-)

//Magnus

Re: Please update main page with new versions

Дата:
> I didn't drop the 7.3 link, because I thought in the end we decided not
> to do that?

I thought the consensus was to remove it from the front page.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Please update main page with new versions

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> > I didn't drop the 7.3 link, because I thought in the end we decided not
> > to do that?
>
> I thought the consensus was to remove it from the front page.

That was my understanding as well.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Tom Lane wrote:
>> I didn't drop the 7.3 link, because I thought in the end we decided not
>> to do that?
>
> I thought the consensus was to remove it from the front page.

My bad then. I've removed it now.

Did we also say something about the docs links being moved to archives?
Maybe that was where we decided not to do it, or should I move that one
as well?

//Magnus

Re: Please update main page with new versions

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>>> I didn't drop the 7.3 link, because I thought in the end we decided not
>>> to do that?
>>
>> I thought the consensus was to remove it from the front page.

> My bad then. I've removed it now.

> Did we also say something about the docs links being moved to archives?
> Maybe that was where we decided not to do it, or should I move that one
> as well?

No particular opinion here on whether to do that.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Please update main page with new versions

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 17:32 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Let me know when this has been done, thanks!
>
> Done, will be on next siet update.

... and I and Magnus updated docs today to point the latest releases.

Re: Please update main page with new versions

Дата:
The web site still says "Download 8.2" and "PostgreSQL 8.2 Released".
Seems those should say 8.2.1?

  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: Please update main page with new versions

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Changed, will be in next build.
I kept the release notes link to 8.2.0, since we want it to show what's
new in the whole 8.2 series.

//Magnus