Обсуждение: Please update for Beta 3

Please update for Beta 3

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect Beta3, which
should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so that I
can send out the announcement.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect Beta3, which
> should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so that I
> can send out the announcement.

Speaking of which.. should we have the Beta3 documentation available
from the main web?

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect Beta3, which
> should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so that I
> can send out the announcement.

There is no way that we can declare beta 3 available in 12 hours as Marc
only just cut it. You need to leave at least 24 hours between upload and
announce otherwise we'll end up with a bunch of complaints that it's not
on the mirrors yet.

Regards, Dave

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

> Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect Beta3, which
> should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so
> that I can send out the announcement.

I committed it. It will be visible on main page in next site rebuild.

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > All,
> >
> > Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect
> Beta3, which
> > should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so
> > that I can send out the announcement.
> >

> There is no way that we can declare beta 3 available in 12
> hours as Marc only just cut it. You need to leave at least 24
> hours between upload and announce otherwise we'll end up with
> a bunch of complaints that it's not on the mirrors yet.

Normally, we also give the binary packagres (RPM and MSI at least) a
couple of minutes to catch up at least. Do we have a timeframe on them?

//Magnus

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Devrim,

> I committed it. It will be visible on main page in next site rebuild.

Um, I said 12 hours from now.  And Dave thinks we need 24.  So please
reverse the changes.  Thanks!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

> > I committed it. It will be visible on main page in next site
> rebuild.
>
> Um, I said 12 hours from now.  And Dave thinks we need 24.  So please
> reverse the changes.  Thanks!

Already done, per threat from Magnus :)

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect
>> Beta3, which
>>> should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so
>>> that I can send out the announcement.
>>>
>> There is no way that we can declare beta 3 available in 12
>> hours as Marc only just cut it. You need to leave at least 24
>> hours between upload and announce otherwise we'll end up with
>> a bunch of complaints that it's not on the mirrors yet.
>
> Normally, we also give the binary packagres (RPM and MSI at least) a
> couple of minutes to catch up at least. Do we have a timeframe on them?

MSI will be tomorrow AM (GMT).

Regards, Dave

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 20:24 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > Normally, we also give the binary packagres (RPM and MSI at least) a
> > couple of minutes to catch up at least. Do we have a timeframe on
> them?
>
> MSI will be tomorrow AM (GMT).

I still haven't decided for the direction of the RPMs yet. I'm not
likely to release RPMs for this beta, too.

Re: Please update for Beta 3

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > All,
> >
> > Please update the /beta page and the home page to reflect
> Beta3, which
> > should be available in 12 hours.  Let me know when it's updated so
> > that I can send out the announcement.
> >

> Speaking of which.. should we have the Beta3 documentation
> available from the main web?

Done. Will take a while to update...

//Magnus