Обсуждение: On DNS for postgresql.org

On DNS for postgresql.org

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
I posted this to -general, but more clueful people suggested I should
truck myself over here.  So here I am:

Now that the DNS is back (thanks!), I thought I'd ask why the ra bit
is set on the responses.  Are those servers providing recursion to
the whole Net?  (They seem to be.)  If so, that's a Bad Thing.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
        --Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA

Re: On DNS for postgresql.org

От
"Larry Rosenman"
Дата:
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> I posted this to -general, but more clueful people suggested I should
> truck myself over here.  So here I am:
>
> Now that the DNS is back (thanks!), I thought I'd ask why the ra bit
> is set on the responses.  Are those servers providing recursion to
> the whole Net?  (They seem to be.)  If so, that's a Bad Thing.

I've restricted RECURSIVE on my NS's, and we're successfully slaving again
from hub's server.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US