Обсуждение: Link to conference coverage

Link to conference coverage

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
Now that the conference is over, topics on planetpostgresql.org are
moving on, which means linking there from the front page of
postgresql.org doesn't make too much sense. Is there a better place to
link to? Or maybe we should just go back to our regularly scheduled
programming.

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wednesday 19 July 2006 12:10, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Now that the conference is over, topics on planetpostgresql.org are
> moving on, which means linking there from the front page of
> postgresql.org doesn't make too much sense. Is there a better place to
> link to? Or maybe we should just go back to our regularly scheduled
> programming.

Maybe we could add a "wrap-up" link to the conference.postgresql.org website
and point to that.  That page could contain a list of all the various blog
posts / articles that covered the conference. ?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

> Maybe we could add a "wrap-up" link to the conference.postgresql.org
> website and point to that.  That page could contain a list of all the
> various blog posts / articles that covered the conference. ?

Both Gavin and I have on out TODO list to write a wrap-up.  I have  a 1/2
completed one in front of me now.

However, I think the PostgreSQL home page *should* move on.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thursday 20 July 2006 01:37, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> > Maybe we could add a "wrap-up" link to the conference.postgresql.org
> > website and point to that.  That page could contain a list of all the
> > various blog posts / articles that covered the conference. ?
>
> Both Gavin and I have on out TODO list to write a wrap-up.  I have  a 1/2
> completed one in front of me now.
>
> However, I think the PostgreSQL home page *should* move on.

Do we want to:

1)Make a blurb about PostgreSQL at OSCon?  That's probably the next big thing
on the radar, though not sure how big that really is.

2)Wait until August 1st and then do a blurb about feature freeze / beta
information?

I'd be inclined to do 1 or 2 myself, what do others think?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Link to conference coverage

Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 01:37, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > > Maybe we could add a "wrap-up" link to the conference.postgresql.org
> > > website and point to that.  That page could contain a list of all the
> > > various blog posts / articles that covered the conference. ?
> >
> > Both Gavin and I have on out TODO list to write a wrap-up.  I have  a 1/2
> > completed one in front of me now.
> >
> > However, I think the PostgreSQL home page *should* move on.
>
> Do we want to:
>
> 1)Make a blurb about PostgreSQL at OSCon?  That's probably the next big thing
> on the radar, though not sure how big that really is.
>
> 2)Wait until August 1st and then do a blurb about feature freeze / beta
> information?

> I'd be inclined to do 1 or 2 myself, what do others think?

I wouldn't do #3 or #4.  I like #2.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> 1)Make a blurb about PostgreSQL at OSCon?  That's probably the next big thing
> on the radar, though not sure how big that really is.

No, not worth it.

> 2)Wait until August 1st and then do a blurb about feature freeze / beta
> information?

> I'd be inclined to do 1 or 2 myself, what do others think?

OK, if so I'll get up some general end-of-conference information on the
conference home page today.   Change the link on the home page to point
to conference.postgresql.org, until next week.

HOWEVER, I do think we should come up with a general "PostgreSQL is
Cool" balloon for future times when we don't have much to say.

--Josh

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Does anyone have a high-resolution copy of Alvaro's picture?

--Josh

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Does anyone have a high-resolution copy of Alvaro's picture?

I'm pretty sure I do -- did you ever grab the tarball that I sent you
the link for?

Joe

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Joe,

> I'm pretty sure I do -- did you ever grab the tarball that I sent you
> the link for?

Downloading now.  I know *someone* had sent me a link.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

>> I'd be inclined to do 1 or 2 myself, what do others think?
>
> I wouldn't do #3 or #4.  I like #2.

Have a:

Visit PostgreSQL.Org at OSCON 2006 in Portland Oregon?

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Link to conference coverage

От
Josh Berkus