Обсуждение: archives and "From "

archives and "From "

От
"Joachim Wieland"
Дата:
I sent a patch a few hours ago and it does not show up correctly in the
archives:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-07/msg00077.php

The problem seems to be that the next line (the first one that is missing)
starts with "From " and the mail processor might think this is the next
mail in an mbox file and gets confused...

Joachim

Re: archives and "From "

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 01:13:18AM +0200, Joachim Wieland wrote:
> I sent a patch a few hours ago and it does not show up correctly in the
> archives:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-07/msg00077.php
>
> The problem seems to be that the next line (the first one that is missing)
> starts with "From " and the mail processor might think this is the next
> mail in an mbox file and gets confused...

Yeah, I've mentioned that twice before.  Has anybody looked into
fixing it?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-02/msg00083.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-05/msg00191.php

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: archives and "From "

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 01:13:18AM +0200, Joachim Wieland wrote:
>> I sent a patch a few hours ago and it does not show up correctly in the
>> archives:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-07/msg00077.php
>>
>> The problem seems to be that the next line (the first one that is missing)
>> starts with "From " and the mail processor might think this is the next
>> mail in an mbox file and gets confused...
>
> Yeah, I've mentioned that twice before.  Has anybody looked into
> fixing it?
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-02/msg00083.php
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-05/msg00191.php

We use mhonarc for the archives ... do you know a way of fixing it?  I
don't, I just keep upgrading when a new one comes out hoping that its been
improved upon ...

----

Re: archives and "From "

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:54:53PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> We use mhonarc for the archives ... do you know a way of fixing it?  I
> don't, I just keep upgrading when a new one comes out hoping that its been
> improved upon ...

I haven't used MHonArc myself but the FAQ has an item entitled "Why
does a message get split into multiple messages with no headers?"

http://mhonarc.paracoda.com/MHonArc/doc/faq/archives.html#split

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: archives and "From "

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Perfect, thanks ... have implemented the first MSGSEP formatted string,
and rebuilt the 2006-07 patches on that Joachim pointed out ... I haven't
done everything though ... if anyone knows of any 'dates' that need to be
regenerated, I'll do them specifically, just send me the URL for which
ones ...

----