Обсуждение: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
I made a submission announcement for training earlier this week. Could
somebody tell me if I need to do something else?

thanks

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thursday 06 July 2006 06:30, Robert Bernier wrote:
> I made a submission announcement for training earlier this week. Could
> somebody tell me if I need to do something else?

Its probably in the queue but everyone is off to the conference.

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
Hi Joshua,

I sort of figured that. I'll do a follow up next week then.

Thanks

On Thursday 06 July 2006 12:09, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thursday 06 July 2006 06:30, Robert Bernier wrote:
> > I made a submission announcement for training earlier this week. Could
> > somebody tell me if I need to do something else?
>
> Its probably in the queue but everyone is off to the conference.
>
> > thanks

> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
> >        match

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

Actually, you need to e-mail Marc directly and ask him to approve it.
He's the only one with access to that list admin, for some reason I've
never been able to understand.

--Josh

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thursday 06 July 2006 15:11, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>

> Actually, you need to e-mail Marc directly and ask him to approve it.
> He's the only one with access to that list admin, for some reason I've
> never been able to understand.

Shouldn't there be a couple of people from Advocacy that have this ability?
That seems quite wrong.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: made an announcement but it hasn`t shown up yet

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Robert,
>

> Actually, you need to e-mail Marc directly and ask him to approve it. He's
> the only one with access to that list admin, for some reason I've never been
> able to understand.

Ummm, that was extended weeks ago to include, I believe, Robert ...
actually, Robert and Greg ... its by no means "just me" ...

----

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Marc,

> Ummm, that was extended weeks ago to include, I believe, Robert ...
> actually, Robert and Greg ... its by no means "just me" ...

They can approve posts?   Keen, I'll pester them.  Thanks!

--Josh Berkus

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> Ummm, that was extended weeks ago to include, I believe, Robert ...
>> actually, Robert and Greg ... its by no means "just me" ...
>
> They can approve posts?   Keen, I'll pester them.  Thanks!

Yup, since May 26th:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-05/msg00186.php

----

Re: made an announcement but it hasn`t shown up yet

От
Robert Bernier
Дата:
Hi Greg,

All I want to do is post an announcement on the main website that SRA (NYC) is
planning to do training.

Please reiterate the process, I originally used the websubmission page on the
postgresql.org main page.

cheers

Robert Bernier

On July 6, 2006 07:10 pm, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > Actually, you need to e-mail Marc directly and ask him to approve it.
> > He's the only one with access to that list admin, for some reason I've
> > never been able to understand.
>
> If you mean the -announce list, Marc is not the only one who admins it.
> I check it at least daily, but I have not seen any posts from Robert
> Bernier lately. Perhaps he meant the web page submission form?
>
> Robert, if you did mean the mailing list, please send it again.

Re: made an announcement but it hasn't shown up yet

От
Rich Romanik
Дата:
Josh,

Thanks,

Rich

Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> Ummm, that was extended weeks ago to include, I believe, Robert ...
>> actually, Robert and Greg ... its by no means "just me" ...
>

> They can approve posts?   Keen, I'll pester them.  Thanks!
>
> --Josh Berkus

Richard T. Romanik
Vice President, Sales
SRA,OSS (Formerly of One WTC)
PostgreSQL Services: Consulting, Migration, Support and Training
One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
New York, NY 10119

Tel:  212.244.8833.52
Cell: 917.365.8700