Обсуждение: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

EnterpriseDB would like to be listed on the "postgresql sponsors" page.
  Their credentials are:

-- Employed Alvaro for 3 months exclusively to complete shared locks for
8.1.

-- Paid for, and devoted staff time to, Coverity testing of PostgreSQL
8.0 and the subsequent bug fixes.

-- Ported the JasperSoft dashboard to PostgreSQL (
http://www.oetrends.com/news.php?action=view_record&idnum=498 ) and are
porting SugarCRM (release early 2006).

-- Provided booth space and swag at Linux World Expo 2005

-- are helping with legal fees for our trademark issues.

-- plan to make ongoing code contributions based on their work on eDB.

This is the first time, I think, we've talked about someone who's not
employing a full-time developer or giving us web servers right now.
However, they have contributed a bunch of other "stuff" and plan to keep
on doing so.

Discussion?

--Josh Berkus

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

Дата:
Sounds fine to me.

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> EnterpriseDB would like to be listed on the "postgresql sponsors" page.
>   Their credentials are:
>
> -- Employed Alvaro for 3 months exclusively to complete shared locks for
> 8.1.
>
> -- Paid for, and devoted staff time to, Coverity testing of PostgreSQL
> 8.0 and the subsequent bug fixes.
>
> -- Ported the JasperSoft dashboard to PostgreSQL (
> http://www.oetrends.com/news.php?action=view_record&idnum=498 ) and are
> porting SugarCRM (release early 2006).
>
> -- Provided booth space and swag at Linux World Expo 2005
>
> -- are helping with legal fees for our trademark issues.
>
> -- plan to make ongoing code contributions based on their work on eDB.
>

> This is the first time, I think, we've talked about someone who's not
> employing a full-time developer or giving us web servers right now.
> However, they have contributed a bunch of other "stuff" and plan to keep
> on doing so.
>
> Discussion?
>
> --Josh Berkus

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sounds fine to me.

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> EnterpriseDB would like to be listed on the "postgresql sponsors" page.
>>   Their credentials are:
>>
>> -- Employed Alvaro for 3 months exclusively to complete shared locks for
>> 8.1.
>>
>> -- Paid for, and devoted staff time to, Coverity testing of PostgreSQL
>> 8.0 and the subsequent bug fixes.
>>
>> -- Ported the JasperSoft dashboard to PostgreSQL (
>> http://www.oetrends.com/news.php?action=view_record&idnum=498 ) and are
>> porting SugarCRM (release early 2006).
>>
>> -- Provided booth space and swag at Linux World Expo 2005
>>
>> -- are helping with legal fees for our trademark issues.
>>
>> -- plan to make ongoing code contributions based on their work on eDB.
>>

>> This is the first time, I think, we've talked about someone who's not
>> employing a full-time developer

"Employed Alvaro for 3 months" would classify in here, I'd think ... and
the code contributions indirectly feeds into that ... no arguments from
here ...

----

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>>> This is the first time, I think, we've talked about someone who's not
>>> employing a full-time developer

> "Employed Alvaro for 3 months" would classify in here, I'd think ... and
> the code contributions indirectly feeds into that ... no arguments from
> here ...

Worst case is they stop making contributions and we take them off the
list again.  No objection here.

BTW, has anybody looked over the list lately to see if any entries
are old?  Maybe we need a "contributors emeritus" page ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
People,

>>"Employed Alvaro for 3 months" would classify in here, I'd think ... and
>>the code contributions indirectly feeds into that ... no arguments from
>>here ...

Related, Andy has just told me that they've hired Korry Douglas
half-time.  Not sure what he's working on, though.

--Josh

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

От
"Dave Page"

The have also given pgAdmin more sponsorship than anyone else ever has.
I certainly think they should be included as they are clearly supporting
PostgreSQL and related projects in many non-trivial ways. Just because
it is not a single big item like a server or FT developer we should
should not exclude them

Regards, Dave.

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wednesday 21 December 2005 19:32, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> EnterpriseDB would like to be listed on the "postgresql sponsors" page.
>   Their credentials are:

<snip>

> This is the first time, I think, we've talked about someone who's not
> employing a full-time developer or giving us web servers right now.
> However, they have contributed a bunch of other "stuff" and plan to keep
> on doing so.
>
> Discussion?

Honestly I am a little confused here... since I added them months ago?
http://gborg.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/portal/template/en/about/sponsors.html.diff?r1=1.8;r2=1.9;cvsroot=pgweb

--
Robert Treat

Re: EnterpriseDB on sponsors page