Обсуждение: New Sponsors

New Sponsors

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
I've added credativ, fujitsu, and command prompt into the mix. Ideally
I'd like someone who can vouch for each company to confirm the entries
are ok.  See http://xzilla.postgresql.org/about/sponsors for demo.

Robert Treat

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> I've added credativ, fujitsu, and command prompt into the mix. Ideally
> I'd like someone who can vouch for each company to confirm the entries
> are ok.  See http://xzilla.postgresql.org/about/sponsors for demo.

Definitely to all three ...

----

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Robert,

I can't vouch for anyone, but a couple that are missing are:

NSA: http://www.nsa.co.il/ - provide one of our frontend static
webservers.
Pervasive: http://www.pervasive.com/ - provide a dedicate high end
server currently used as a mail distribution server and frontend static
webserver.
800 Pound Gorilla: http://www.ehpg.net/ - provide a dedicated server
used as a frontend webserver, and backend dynamic webserver.

Regards, Dave.

Re: New Sponsors

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> > I've added credativ, fujitsu, and command prompt into the mix. Ideally
> > I'd like someone who can vouch for each company to confirm the entries

If we're adding sponsors, we need to do a clean sweep, otherwise we may offend
some people who were not included.  For example:

Deltasoft (Oleg, tsearch2)
Family Health Network (KL's employer)
2nd Quadrant (Simon)

We'll also need to be ready to add GreenPlum, SpikeSource and Pervasive when
(if?) they actually make a contribution.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Dave Page"

Pervasive have :-). They've given us a dedicated dual 3GHz Xeon server,
and Anoop has been working on psqlODBC.

Regards, Dave.

Re: New Sponsors

От
Robert Treat
On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 15:51, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Well, 800 gorilla and vale-housing are both listed on the todo item, but
I didnt see a suitable logo in my quick perusal so they'll have to wait
till next time.  As for the others... I think the this list is supposed
to be primarily for companies that sponsor full time developers, and I
guess people who provide key pieces of infrastructure; hosting cvs
probably counts, gborg or foundry too I would imagine, but just a static
web server not so much. At least not on this list... if you want to
debate that I'd say take it too advocacy, but you might want to wait
till people stop discuss font sizes, pl packaging, and software patents.
:-)

As Marc has confirmed what I have in my development site, I am hoping to
commit and move on for now.

Robert Treat

Re: New Sponsors

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 15:53, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > > I've added credativ, fujitsu, and command prompt into the mix. Ideally
> > > I'd like someone who can vouch for each company to confirm the entries
>
> If we're adding sponsors, we need to do a clean sweep, otherwise we may offend
> some people who were not included.  For example:

Does this mean you're objecting to me committing my code that only adds
the aforementioned three?  I'm not prepared to do a "clean sweep" at
this point.

Robert Treat

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> As Marc has confirmed what I have in my development site, I am hoping to
> commit and move on for now.

I am curious as to how the Sponsors are listed? I mean what was the
decision on the order?

I am not going to vouch for Command Prompt (for obvious reasons) but I
think someone else will.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Robert Treat

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
>> I've added credativ, fujitsu, and command prompt into the mix. Ideally
>> I'd like someone who can vouch for each company to confirm the entries
>> are ok.  See http://xzilla.postgresql.org/about/sponsors for demo.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> I can't vouch for anyone, but a couple that are missing are:
>
> NSA: http://www.nsa.co.il/ - provide one of our frontend static
> webservers.
> Pervasive: http://www.pervasive.com/ - provide a dedicate high end
> server currently used as a mail distribution server and frontend static
> webserver.

The only servers acting as mail distribution servers currently are
saturn.hub.org and a server at CommandPrompt ...  oh damn, that's the one
that you just setup and I haven't added yet, isn't it? :)

What is the hostname for that one again?  is that ferengi?

----

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Robert,
>
>>> I've added credativ, fujitsu, and command prompt into the mix. Ideally
>>> I'd like someone who can vouch for each company to confirm the entries
>
> If we're adding sponsors, we need to do a clean sweep, otherwise we may offend
> some people who were not included.  For example:
>
> Deltasoft (Oleg, tsearch2)
> Family Health Network (KL's employer)
> 2nd Quadrant (Simon)
>
> We'll also need to be ready to add GreenPlum, SpikeSource and Pervasive
> when (if?) they actually make a contribution.

Who is SpikeSource?

----

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> As Marc has confirmed what I have in my development site, I am hoping to
>> commit and move on for now.
>
> I am curious as to how the Sponsors are listed? I mean what was the decision
> on the order?

I think in order that they were added to the list, based on what I can see
... looks like he's just appending to the bottom of the existing table,
since I doubt right now its database driven ... but taht is just a guess

> I am not going to vouch for Command Prompt (for obvious reasons) but I think
> someone else will.

I already did :)

----

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Dave Page"

<sigh> Yes, that's the one.

:-)

/D

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Dave Page"

Well I can provide a vale logo, but there's no real need to list us -
it's not like we're a tech company, or that we'd benefit from it in any
way.

> As for the others... I think the this list
> is supposed
> to be primarily for companies that sponsor full time developers, and I
> guess people who provide key pieces of infrastructure; hosting cvs
> probably counts, gborg or foundry too I would imagine, but
> just a static
> web server not so much.

Pervasive have donated a dual 3G Xeon box with a 100Mb net connection
(more horsepower than anyone else has donated that I'm aware of), and
developer time for psqlODBC. I'll grant you the NSA one is not as much,
but I think Pervasive certainly deserve inclusion.

> At least not on this list... if you want to
> debate that I'd say take it too advocacy, but you might want to wait
> till people stop discuss font sizes, pl packaging, and
> software patents.
> :-)

Oh, I avoid -advocacy as much as I can as a matter of course :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: New Sponsors

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thursday 05 May 2005 16:44, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > As Marc has confirmed what I have in my development site, I am hoping to
> > commit and move on for now.
>
> I am curious as to how the Sponsors are listed? I mean what was the
> decision on the order?

ORDER BY country, company

At least that was the first algorithm I cam up with for the existing list.

> I am not going to vouch for Command Prompt (for obvious reasons) but I
> think someone else will.

Unfortunately I am realizing my wording has caused some debate.  No one needs
to vouch for you to be added, that discussion has been had and your on the
list (located in the todo item).  What I need you to "vouch for" is that the
logo/link are acceptable for display.

--
Robert Treat

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

> Unfortunately I am realizing my wording has caused some debate.  No one needs
> to vouch for you to be added, that discussion has been had and your on the
> list (located in the todo item).  What I need you to "vouch for" is that the
> logo/link are acceptable for display.

I am happy to be on the list. Consider this a voucher :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.

Re: New Sponsors

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> Does this mean you're objecting to me committing my code that only adds
> the aforementioned three?  I'm not prepared to do a "clean sweep" at
> this point.

Nope, just that I want you to get the flack from Oleg rather than me ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Robert,
>
>> Does this mean you're objecting to me committing my code that only adds
>> the aforementioned three?  I'm not prepared to do a "clean sweep" at
>> this point.
>
> Nope, just that I want you to get the flack from Oleg rather than me ;-)

It almost needs to be split up between 'software sponsors' vs
'infrastructure sponsors' ...

----

Re: New Sponsors

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Marc, Robert,

> > Nope, just that I want you to get the flack from Oleg rather than me ;-)
>
> It almost needs to be split up between 'software sponsors' vs
> 'infrastructure sponsors' ...

Well, my original assertion was "sponsors" and "contributors" so that we could
list companies like Deltasoft without "watering down" the full-time-developer
sponsors.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: New Sponsors

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc, Robert,
>
>>> Nope, just that I want you to get the flack from Oleg rather than me ;-)
>>
>> It almost needs to be split up between 'software sponsors' vs
>> 'infrastructure sponsors' ...
>
> Well, my original assertion was "sponsors" and "contributors" so that we
> could list companies like Deltasoft without "watering down" the
> full-time-developer sponsors.

that works too ...

----

Re: New Sponsors