Обсуждение: new quick link

new quick link

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
We should have done this sooner, but I think we should add a new quick link on
the main page into the beta information page
(http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta) until 8.0 final is released. Any
objections?

--
Robert Treat

Re: new quick link

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> We should have done this sooner, but I think we should add a new quick link
> on the main page into the beta information page
> (http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta) until 8.0 final is released. Any
> objections?

Since we're now 3 days from release, I don't see the point -- for 8.0.
However, by next week we'll want a link for the 8.1 beta.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: new quick link

От
"Dave Page"

Err, that's gonna be 6 - 12 months away isn't it? We don't normally
maintain the beta page during the dev cycle.

/D

Re: new quick link

Дата:
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> Since we're now 3 days from release, I don't see the point --
>> for 8.0.
>> However, by next week we'll want a link for the 8.1 beta.

> Err, that's gonna be 6 - 12 months away isn't it? We don't normally
> maintain the beta page during the dev cycle.

I agree, the link should only exist when we're in beta phase.  During
development the only people who would want to look at it should be
starting from the developer's page anyway ...

            regards, tom lane