Обсуждение: ftp8.us.postgresql.org no longer does anonymous downloads

ftp8.us.postgresql.org no longer does anonymous downloads

От
The Fuzzy Chef
Дата:
Folks,

Just when to ftp8.us, and they want real authentication now.  Apologies if
this is news to nobody.

--
The Fuzzy Chef
San Francisco

Re: ftp8.us.postgresql.org no longer does anonymous downloads

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Fuzzy Chef,

I can login fine at the moment (from the UK) - perhaps your browser
misinterpreted a 'too busy' error? IE is particularly fond of doing that
for example.

Just for info, we do now test all the mirrors daily - I'll keep an eye
on this one.

Thanks for the rpeort.

Regards, Dave.

Re: ftp8.us.postgresql.org no longer does anonymous downloads

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Dave,

> Hi Fuzzy Chef,

OOps!  That's me, Josh.  Sent from wrong account.

> I can login fine at the moment (from the UK) - perhaps your browser
> misinterpreted a 'too busy' error? IE is particularly fond of doing that
> for example.

Hmmm, possibly.  Wouldn't have expected Konqueror to do that, though.

> Just for info, we do now test all the mirrors daily - I'll keep an eye
> on this one.

OK, sorry for red herring.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: ftp8.us.postgresql.org no longer does anonymous downloads

От
"Dave Page"

Thought it might be :-)

> > I can login fine at the moment (from the UK) - perhaps your browser
> > misinterpreted a 'too busy' error? IE is particularly fond
> of doing that
> > for example.
>
> Hmmm, possibly.  Wouldn't have expected Konqueror to do that, though.

No, nor I. Maybe they were doing some maintenance or an upgrade and
disabled anonymous access temporarily.

> > Just for info, we do now test all the mirrors daily - I'll
> keep an eye
> > on this one.
>
> OK, sorry for red herring.

No problem - I'll check the test report tomorrow to be on the safe side.
I've been meaning to review it thoroughly it for a few days but my wlan
has been playing up. Finally gave up and reinstalled the machine today -
so far, so good :-)

/D