Обсуждение: Archives / search

Archives / search

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
Guys,

I came across fudforum, in case you've never heard of it.

It is a discussion forum, but has support for mailing list
integration/syncronisation and can even send incoming posts, be that
from the lists or by online posts, to a newsgroup. (and can of course
syncronize with a newsgroup too)

It has a built in search engine, threaded tree views, and of course
supports PostgreSQL.

Might be worth going for this, as it is well maintained, and fairly easy
to set up / configure.

Supports themes too...

... John

Re: Archives / search

От
"Dave Page"

Cool - is this something you have the time/inclination to investigate
further?

Regards, Dave

Re: Archives / search

От
"John Hansen"

> Cool - is this something you have the time/inclination to
> investigate further?

Yes, it's currently running on 220.244.191.249 & 220.244.191.250 but on
a vhost, so you need to set your proxy to one of those, or alternatively
add forum.postgresql.org A records to DNS.

pgsql-www only, and from today only....

Would need the mbox files to feed them to the forum :)

... John

Re: Archives / search

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
John Hansen wrote:
<snip>
> Yes, it's currently running on 220.244.191.249 & 220.244.191.250 but on
> a vhost, so you need to set your proxy to one of those, or alternatively
> add forum.postgresql.org A records to DNS.

Let's get that done, see if it works nicely, then ask a wider audience
for feedback?

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> pgsql-www only, and from today only....
>
> Would need the mbox files to feed them to the forum :)
>
> ... John

Re: Archives / search

От
John Hansen
Дата:
> >> 'k, first look and I know I wouldn't use it, so let's do it as an 'option'
> >> vs a 'replacement' ... thing is, we have realtime right now also, and that
> >> is the news groups, and, to be honest, I much prefer using a news reader
> >> to read a group then a forum ...

Second look, after importing just 1500 messages from -admin : search
sucks big time, even browsing takes forever. No, I don't think this will
work. I think i'll look for something else... :)

... John

Re: Archives / search

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
John Hansen wrote:

> Second look, after importing just 1500 messages from -admin : search
> sucks big time, even browsing takes forever. No, I don't think this will
> work. I think i'll look for something else... :)

Any chance that it's just badly optimised tables?  i.e. missing indexes
and such?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> ... John

Re: Archives / search

От
John Hansen
Дата:
> Any chance that it's just badly optimised tables?  i.e. missing indexes
> and such?

I'll have a look, but I don't think so....

... John

Re: Archives / search

От
"John Hansen"

> Any chance that it's just badly optimised tables?  i.e.
> missing indexes and such?

Indeed, removing the varchar(x) limitations, and reindexing the database
helped a lot.

... John