Обсуждение: New site

New site

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi Alexey,

Could you find a couple of minutes and stick a simple bullet point todo
list for the new site on the web for us please, and hack up a quick
howto so people can get to grips with how the framework works, and how
to edit/add content without having to trawl through the source and
figure it out the hard way?

Thanks, Dave.

Re: New site

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
> Could you find a couple of minutes and stick a simple bullet point todo
> list for the new site on the web for us please, and hack up a quick
> howto so people can get to grips with how the framework works, and how
> to edit/add content without having to trawl through the source and
> figure it out the hard way?

Unfortunately it'll require a bit more than "a couple of minutes". I
have some stuff to finish this week, expect the todo list and framework
docs on the next one.

Re: New site

От
"Dave Page"

Yeah, well I was trying to make it sound more appealing than it actually
is :-)

Thanks, Dave.

Re: New site

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 04:20, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> Could you find a couple of minutes and stick a simple bullet point todo
> list for the new site on the web for us please, and hack up a quick
> howto so people can get to grips with how the framework works, and how
> to edit/add content without having to trawl through the source and
> figure it out the hard way?

Would it be possible to come up with a similar list for folks working on
the gborg -> pgfoundry project? That too seems to have stalled.

Robert Treat

Re: New site

От
Chris Ryan
Дата:
    I was a little currious about the gborg -> gforge conversion as
well. I am just as guilty as the rest though for not keeping up on it.
Last I checked the GForge project looked like it was working.

Chris Ryan

--- Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 04:20, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi Alexey,
> >
> > Could you find a couple of minutes and stick a simple bullet point
> todo
> > list for the new site on the web for us please, and hack up a quick
> > howto so people can get to grips with how the framework works, and
> how
> > to edit/add content without having to trawl through the source and
> > figure it out the hard way?
> >

> Would it be possible to come up with a similar list for folks working
> on
> the gborg -> pgfoundry project? That too seems to have stalled.
>

> Robert Treat
> --
> Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: New site

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Chris,

>     I was a little currious about the gborg -> gforge conversion as
> well. I am just as guilty as the rest though for not keeping up on it.
> Last I checked the GForge project looked like it was working.

This is my fault; I've been procrastinating getting started.   But we're
finally getting the show on the road.   Tom Copeland is currently working on
a GForge 3.21 --> GForge 3.3 migration for us which is a prerequisite.   Then
I'll be working on copying over the data.

I will probably end up needing your help again, since I may want to extract
more from GBorg than is currently in your scripts.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant

Re: New site

От
"Dave Page"

We host the win32 installer project on it and it works quite well. My
only complaint is having to use SSL for CVS updates. SSL and CVS don't
exactly play nicely together - it would make more sense if Subversion
was being used as it had built in SSL support from what I've read.

Regards, Dave