Обсуждение: archives.postgresql.org

archives.postgresql.org

От
John Hansen
Дата:
Guys,

Now that archives has moved to commandprompt and changed layout, can we
please get the last-modified issue fixed, before I start the recrawl?

Without last-modified, order by date, and search with date limit, will
not work...

This of course will also be true for other engines, plus, they'll crawl
everything every time they visit instead of just changes...

Regards,

John

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, John Hansen wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Now that archives has moved to commandprompt and changed layout, can we
> please get the last-modified issue fixed, before I start the recrawl?

What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the other day, and
it looked fine to me ...

Does it *have* to be a header() from php?  I thought the meta-tag was okay

Let me know ...

----

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
> What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the
> other day, and it looked fine to me ...
>
> Does it *have* to be a header() from php?  I thought the
> meta-tag was okay ...

Yes, it has to be a header() :(

Try lwp-request -de -mHEAD
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/msg00176.php

That does not return last-modified.

... John

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, John Hansen wrote:

>> What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the
>> other day, and it looked fine to me ...
>>
>> Does it *have* to be a header() from php?  I thought the
>> meta-tag was okay ...
>>

> Yes, it has to be a header() :(

'k, working on that one today then ...

----

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, John Hansen wrote:
>
> > Guys,
> >
> > Now that archives has moved to commandprompt and changed layout, can we
> > please get the last-modified issue fixed, before I start the recrawl?
>
> What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the other day, and
> it looked fine to me ...

you use <meta tag> for last-modified date, but crawlers does prefer more
standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack
(what's wrong with it ?)

> Does it *have* to be a header() from php?  I thought the meta-tag was okay
>
> Let me know ...
>
> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, John Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> Now that archives has moved to commandprompt and changed layout, can we
>>> please get the last-modified issue fixed, before I start the recrawl?
>>
>> What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the other day, and
>> it looked fine to me ...
>
> you use <meta tag> for last-modified date, but crawlers does prefer more
> standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack
> (what's wrong with it ?)

To be honest, I want to figure out how to do it off of Message Date
properly, instead of time stamp of the file ... that way, if we have to
regenerate, all the 'last-modified' do stay the same ...

----

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> >> What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the other day, and
> >> it looked fine to me ...
> >
> > you use <meta tag> for last-modified date, but crawlers does prefer more
> > standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack
> > (what's wrong with it ?)
>
> To be honest, I want to figure out how to do it off of Message Date
> properly, instead of time stamp of the file ... that way, if we have to
> regenerate, all the 'last-modified' do stay the same ...

You should teach server software (php scripts) which form page and send it
to browser to output also http header with know date of the message.
It should be available in php.

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: archives.postgresql.org

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> you use <meta tag> for last-modified date, but crawlers does prefer more
>>> standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack
>>> (what's wrong with it ?)
>>
>> To be honest, I want to figure out how to do it off of Message Date
>> properly, instead of time stamp of the file ... that way, if we have to
>> regenerate, all the 'last-modified' do stay the same ...
>
> You should teach server software (php scripts) which form page and send it
> to browser to output also http header with know date of the message.
> It should be available in php.

It is, and we even have the code for it ... but, the way that I originally
wrote the pages doesn't allow it to be done without a full re-write ...
John did a nice job of the code itself ...

there is a way, with mhonarc, that I should be able to do it, similar to
what John had written, which I'm working on right now ...

----